Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday, 1 May 2011

Happy May Day. Hope everyone had a nice day even though it was cold, wet & windy and apparently snowy in some places in the country today.

I went into Fort Worth today and picked up my friend Cindy and we went to the Fort Worth Children's Museum to the Omni to see Wild Ocean. We had a very nice day - we got to the museum early got our tickets free - cause we brought cell phones to be recycled - for the theater and the museum. We wondered around the museum for a bit, ate lunch in the cafe, checked out the gift shop and then started the line to get into the theater.

I have not been to the children's museum gosh since probably 1975. They've remodeled the whole place and of course I had never been to the Omni and when they remodeled they really upgraded the theater. TOTALLY AWESOME if you've never been. All I can say is WOW.

After our movie we went to the Antique Mall up the road(both places are on Montgomery St). We spent probably close to 2 hours in there wondering around, there's just so much to see and we still didn't see the entire place. One of these days.

Lot's of stuff in there I wished I had the money and the room for. I love antiques. We left a little after 5 and I took Cindy home, hung out at her place for a while. Saw her new 1950's retro table and chairs set that she'd bought at the same antique mall a few weeks ago. Very nice and the real thing.

Storms were rolling in when I left but my drive home was not bad, some rain but nothing serious, I'd just missed it.

Robert had dinner fixed when I got home, my favorite, breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, tator tots it was good. Watched Extreme make over, Game of Thrones and then The killing. Found out that Bin Ladin is dead, has been for a few days but the news people just found out so no local news at all, Robert upset cause it messes with his routine. He likes to know what the weather is supposed to be like for the next day.

So now here I sit telling ya'll of my day, listening to the thunder and seeing the lightening, watching Amazing Race.

Ya'll have a wonderful week, enjoy the cool weather for the beginning of May, which is sooo unusual for Texas. God Bless and keep you

No comments: