Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Monday, 2nd of May 2011

I didn't get this done last night, tired when I got home work almost 10 hours yesterday. Didn't get off work until 10. First part of my day not to bad slept a bit late cause I knew I was gonna be at work all evening. Got to work at 12:30 and barelly had a chance to set my stuff down before I had to jump right in and help. Weather was cold and wet so we were busy, for a Monday not the norm. We had 2 cooks and 4 servers, we had to pull Ferrin out of Prep to come out and serve giving us 5 and my one host was seating, cleaning tables and taking orders and in my opinion neglecting the line at the door. I helped seat some of our guests, got an order pad and started taking orders and got those rang in. Had so many dirty tables I was about to grab a bus tub but I can't lift and carry that once full. So went and got Jennifer who was in dish but had gone to back up to start making bread cause we were almost out. I went to back up asked her if she'd go and bus the tables I'd make the bread. Answer - we're not supposed to do that any more. Reply - I know but I can't lift the tubs right now, not supposed to. Please help. So she went out and I started making bread. So from 12:30 to 1:30 we were slammed. Took us quite a while to catch up getting the dinning room back in order. Mani & I were out there aroung 3 he was sweeping I was wiping down tables, we only had 3 servers then. Got the dinning room back in order, Mani and I ate lunch just after 3:30 cause one of my new hires came in at 3:30 to get on the computer. Just after 4 I got on the computer in the managers office to make sure I had all new hires that were coming in at 5 pre-registered in the system. Sent off a couple of back ground checks for potential candidates.

The new trainees started showing up at 4:20, better early than late. LOL Was supposed to have 5 had 4, not sure what happened to #5? Tina was interviewing a lady who wants to transfere into our store from Temple while I was still in the office, Tina came in and asked if we could just put her into the computer, as a transfer sure. So she brought back this lady and I tried, she was still active in the Temple store so I had to call them and ask them if they'd remove her from their computer so we could place her in ours. No prob. Of course I couldn't put her in right away so got her info and told her I'd get her in later in the day or tomorrow once the computer system caught up. Tina entertained my newbies while I was in the office with the transfer.

Got the class back to my office and started orientation, did a bit of stretching cause our 4th couldn't get to us until close to 6 due to her other job. Kristie was still on the computer doing her courses and afterward she got to finish watching the videos she didn't watch on friday cause of the POS I have for a DVD player. It worked ok for last night and I gave Mani my Ops 50 order which included a new DVD player - so upset with him, most the stuff on the list was supposed to have been ordered at the beginning of April while I was out because we were going to be out of it - like Employee Hand Books - so now we are out, I haven't had any to give the last 6 people and it will be 2 weeks before I get them.

I finished up with my group last night at 5 till 10 got them out of the building, got a couple things straightened in my office and headed out myself.

Needless to say it was a VERY long day. I'll try to make sure I report on today when I get home tonight. God love you all, Blessings for a wonderful week.

No comments: