Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tuesday, 24th May 2001

Got to work today and stepped right into being busy for me - the store on the other hand, not so busy. Mike was there and he was supposed to be off today but apparently Shawn was stuck at the airport in Kansas City, likely story, seems he's pulled that one before but I didn't mention that to Mike.

So had Nick and Travis(new RS) ready to get started on Menus and had my computers busy all day with people doing their over dues and taking PAR tests. In between all that I was checking on the back ground checks I sent off yesterday, getting all my papers in order so that I can call for interviews and being busy. So around 4 Stephanie called me at the store and was crying and in between her being so upset I got "my radiator blew up on me in my face". Scared me to death. I had two ladies on the computer, one trying to finish her PAR test and the other finishing her last two courses so I could test her. I was trying not to cry, wanting to start calling people to find out what to do, calling Steph back to find out what she was doing. I got Christina through her PAR told Sarah to finish her courses, lock my office and turn off the lights when your done, I gotta go to Burleson.

I jumped in the truck, called Niki to see where she was since I knew she was headed down, called my sister that lives in Burleson to see if she could find Steph and get her to a facility that could take care of her. Because I was imagining the worse. Called Amanda, her and Jason were heading down, I called Robert to give him a heads up. Reminded me of the days when he could go TDY and within days of him leaving something always happened to one of the kids. Glenda, Robert's sister called me and said she was on her way as was Mary Lou(Grandma). We were all headed to Hugley in Burleson at that point.

Talked to Sis and they were going to an urgent care on 1187 & Crowley Rd. She felt that it looked ok and that the ER would make Steph sit in the waiting room for hours. Niki found them I wasn't to far behind. When I got there Steph, Niki, Bailey(niece) and my two sisters, Kisty & Sissy(Triesha) were all standing in the vestibule talking. I opened the door took a look at Steph and breathed a sigh of relief. She looked fine, no blisters or falling off skin on her face, no redness. Looked a little like she got a fast tan, you could see her sunglasses outline, thank Heavens she had her sunglasses on. I gave her a big hug and cried a bit thankful she was alright.

She was more scared and traumatized by what happened I believe that she just wasn't sure what to do. So here's what happened, she was headed home from work up Crowley Rd. She wasn't even in Burleson. She was at a convenience store on the corner of McCart & Crowley Rd, so she was in Fort Worth. Sissy went and picked her up and all ended well. I took Steph back to her car after we went to Auto zone to get another radiator cap and then stopping at Kroger for bottled water.

After stopping to get Steph's car we headed back to the house. Amanda was here waiting when we got back and we spent most the rest of the evening getting Netflix's to work on th PS3. We watched "Easy A" pretty funny. Not a bad movie.

That's it, I gotta go to bed, early day again tomorrow, God Bless you all

No comments: