Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Saturday & Sunday, 7th & 8th of May 2011

Mother's day weekend, busy busy busy.

Helped La Rue at the flower shop all day Saturday. It was fun, busy. One lady though got nasty with La Rue about her corsages, down right mean. But all in all I think it was a great day. Got home around 6 and Robert had made his breakfast burrito mix. So that's what I had for my dinner. We thought about going out with some friends but Robert wrenched his neck and wasn't doing well so we hung out at home. I brought home my yellow roses that Robert had La Rue get me for mom's day and he gave me a new bottle of my perfume which I've been out of for a couple of months. Plus he went to Ross and found me a new pair of shoes. Gotta love that man. LOL and I do.

Woke up this morning around 8 and Robert made me waffles and bacon for breakfast so that I could eat before I had to go to work, yes I had to work today, on Mother's Day. Remember I work in a restaurant and Mom's Day is our second busiest day of the year. And it was very busy, I don't think it was as busy as last year but who knows, I know I didn't stop from 10 to 3. When I left work I went to Walmart to fill up the truck, swung into Sonic and got a Strawberry Limeade and Robert a chocolate shake. When I got home he had smoked a turkey breast and made potatoes augratin and green beans. It was really good. Amanda & Jason came to visit, Stephanie stopped by and later on Justin called. I'd spoken to Niki my baby girl this morning, I should have started with that's how I started my morning cause she called just after I had woke up. Then before I left for work while checking my facebook I read her post and it broke my heart. She's working at Comfort Suites at the front desk as people were checking in or leaving she wished them a Happy Mother's Day and some of them would ask her if she was a mom, her post was as follows:

today = pretty rough. Wishing happy Mothers' Day to people and then they ask in turn if I am a mother. I get a little stuck...


She had two miscarriages last year, it was pretty rough. I just cried and when I read it to her Dad he got a bit choked up as well. When she was around 4 she came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura, it only lasted 3 days and we were fortunate that she never had a re-occurance. Essentially it's the white blood cell that attack disease in our body had over reacted, she wasn't sick but the Dr said it could have been a week to two weeks earlier and her immune system was still working in overtime. Now that she's an adult her blood is attacking the fetus that she carries like it were a disease. Please keep her in your prayers that her dr can help her that they can figure out what to do to help her in the future if she gets pregnant again.


So that's pretty much it for my day. Got a very nice euro garden from Steph and Amanda & Jason gave me a really nice metal coca-cola collectors sign and a very nice card.

Tomorrow I get to go to Waco and see my boy, my daughter in love and my beautiful granddaughter, and my mom, sister and great aunt. I'll be taking my mom's sister with me. Looking forward to a wonderful day and visit. Gonna stop in West and get some of those wonderful Kolaches. Till tomorrow, ya'll have a great week. God Bless

No comments: