Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tuesday & Wednesday, 17th & 18th of May 2011

To all my readers I apologize for not posting the past two days. When I sit down with my lap top Tuesday night and again last night I fell asleep, getting nothing done. No reading of the email, no games, no catching up on posts. LOL So here I am catching you all up on the past two days.

Tuesday - day 2 of orientation with our 2 newest hires. Also had Amy one of my servers in the office doing her over due courses and then taking her PAR test. She's so funny, she's a nursing student and will be done in December. Between her and I we kept laughing, I told her I was going to blog about her on my blog. I went over menus and plate presentation with the newbies and then put them on the computers . I managed to get caught up on some of my over due work, trying to see who needs evals, who needs to take PAR tests and who has over due courses. Left work just after 4 to head home to get ready to go to my mom in laws graduation.

Yeap, my mom in law is really an amazing woman, she'll be 76 this year in July and she's more active than most 20 or 30 year olds. She belongs to a singles camping group, so one weekend a month she gets in her little camper and goes off camping. She has a couple of boyfriends, platonic. She's been going to Crown Baptist bible college the past 3 years and she graduated Tuesday night. Pretty awesome lady.

When we got home from the graduation a little after 9, like I said earlier I sat down on the couch, pulled open the lap top and almost promptly fell asleep. LOL

Yesterday - Wednesday, got to work around 8:30 and started my day back at working on who needs to be in my office next week doing what. We hired another guy for next weeks class. Jennifer came in and got on one of the computers to do her courses. I left work at 11:30 to go to a luncheon for Michael Williams who is running for Senate, hosted by the Parker County Tea Party Group. I really liked this man, very personable, not like a politician, as Dawn said he's a statesman not a politician. Got back to work at 1:30. Samantha & Alyssa the two newest came in around 2:00 and I started them on the tests reviewing what they learned yesterday in menu's class cause Jennifer was finishing up her courses. They all went to the Rising Star meeting at 3:30, large class, should have been 18 people in the class had 12 or 13. Still big.

I do have to tell ya'll when I got back to work I found out that Mike, who said he WOULD NOT put Nick on the schedule to learn grill RENIGGED. Nick was walking out as I came in and said I needed to assign him grill courses, then Fred told me and I told Fred no, then I said what makes you think he can do this, his response we need some one else up there with Mike(a grill cook - not the manager) he can't do it. I said he can't even stay at the job he's supposed to do(host stand) what make you think he'll stay on the grill. We had a talk with him. Bully for you. I was soooooooo mad. I told Mike that before he can even train with Lynda next week he'll have to do all his courses including the 5 over due courses from the last area he wanted to work in. Plus he'll have to go through menu's and plate presentation and grill micros work book. I'm gonna make him go through all the hoops just like a new hire.

I worked the rest of the afternoon on going through the PAR cards and evals, getting everyone updated and finding a place to put them on the schedule for next week. It was almost 7:30 before I finished so it was close to 8 when I got home. I changed clothes, took off my make up, I was still pissed. Got something to eat and vegged in the living room with my lap top and promptly fell asleep.

So here is everything for the past 2 days, God Bless


No comments: