Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monday & Tuesday, 28th & 29th of March 2011

Surgery & the day after.

Monday had to be at the hospital at 5:30 , Surgery scheduled for 7:15. It was scheduled to take 6 hours, they finished up in 4. Not to bad, Dr Teal told Robert there was a lot of arthritis they cleaned up, they removed the degenerate discs in between the vertebra replacing it with donor bone/glue mix, fusing the C3 to the C6 together and placing a plate on them. So major drugged up last night, did ok. Except for one hour when I had all sorts of alarms going off ran out of my pump of hydomorph and couldn't get my nurse to come help. But on her behalf when she finally did come after almost an hour & a half, she said they'd gotten busy down stairs, I think she had to go help.

Today a different day, liquid diet since last night, took pain meds this morning, then a couple of pills for head ache this afternoon. So doing fairly well, hope to go home tomorrow. If my drains have stopped draining I will get to go home.

Before the surgery, they asked if I was diabetic, I said no, they did a blood test I was an 88, during the surgery and after they've been given me steroids and apparently is makes you diabetic while on them. After the surgery it registered 148, then 163, down to 161, up to 168, of course like I said earlier been on a liquid diet of popsicles, jello & fruit juices along with a bowl of beef bouillon. Then Dad & Debbie came to see me around 10 and brought me a large raspberry limeade from Sonic so later when they did a test it was over 200. So since last night I've been getting insulin shots. Hopefully that will go back to normal also after I go home.

Had a beautiful set of flowers delivered from my friend Kelley. Cindy, Uncle David & Aunt Glenda, Glen & La Rue stopped by for a visit and delivered a beautiful set of roses ordered by my Mom, Alicia & Robin.

So that's about all I have to report on, just hanging out in my room, get poked and prodded, watching tv and that's about it.

Thanks for all your prayers. It means a lot.
God Bless


1 comment:

Coloradolady said...

Michelle, I was thinking about you today and wondering how it was going. Glad to hear you are on the road to mending. I am sure you are ready to go home!! That liquid diet sure sounds good...not!!!

Praying for a speedy recovery and no diabetes. Take care girl!!