Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday, 26th of March 2011

I crashed after going to bed last night, just after 11 and believe me when the alarm went off just before 5 I was not ready to get up. But I did, got ready for work while Robert didn't move, lol, that's a switch, usually he's getting ready while I snooze away.

Dark drive to work, since the sun wasn't even up yet. Got there right at 6. The large to go order I was wrong I think I reported it was for Lowe's it wasn't, Mike's been in talks with Home Depot to do a large to go bulk meal. Any way this one, and the reason I had to work today, was for the National Guard, on maneuvers. We had eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit and hash brown casserole for 66, a grand total of $1320 before tax, and they were tax exempt. They were supposed to pick it up at 7:30 and by 9:30 still hadn't shown up. I tried several times to call the one phone number we had and of course it wasn't on, straight to voice mail, a voice mail box that hasn't been set up. ARG, seriously if you have a cell phone set up your voice mail people. just after 9:30 we get a call from this guy wanting to check on their order, to make sure we were still on for the 4:30 evening meal. This whole order was supposed to be a Saturday breakfast and dinner and Sunday breakfast, Mike has spoken with this guy 2 or 3 times to work this out and when he called and I spoke with him this morning he said Oh, no, I only wanted dinner tonight & breakfast tomorrow. I told him we'd been waiting since 7:30. Any way, Mike showed up around 11, I told him that was the only major issue for the day so far, explained what the NG guy had said, of course he was upset cause he had the original conversation with the guy. I told him he said that he only got the allotment from his superiors. So, he could work it our with him he came to get dinner.

I clocked in to ETC and out of Shift leader just after 11, got the rising star evals all filled out and into Mike's folder so he could get those done and soon. I really think I got everything done I needed to and Lisa all set up to cover me for the next 4 to 6 weeks. She'll have to do all the other evals for the cycles coming up.
I left just after noon and headed home, completely forgot that I needed to go to the pharmacy to check on my scripts for surgery. Got home and basically had just enough time to change clothes before Robert & I headed to Haltom City to check out an RV, nice, we might be rethinking this waiting till May, the one we looked at is an 08 so previously owned and we might be able to get a really great deal. Robert will take care of checking with the bank and other things on Monday while he's hanging out in the waiting room.

Robert had decided to fix me something special for dinner tonight and we invited Glen & La Rue, then we decided we'd buy more of the main course on our way home. I sent out a text to other friends, Leon & Christy, Cindy, Kim & Kelley and invited them to join us for dinner and probably dominoes. All got back to me except Kim & Kelley, Cindy says she thinks they are out of town. Hmm don't know. LOL.

We stopped off at the Hudson Oaks Walmart and picked up more Crawfish and the extras of tonight. Got home and Robert and I did some quick cleaning cause it was just after 3 and everyone one was coming over around 6ish. Cleaned the mess in the now guest bath, which was the one my children used, wasn't to bad, counter dusty and needed to be swept. Vacuumed the hall and living room and we cleaned off the dinning table. Robert cooked Crawfish, dirty rice, white rice, red beans and sausage. Glen & La Rue came over and her cousin Carol came with, Leon & Christy and Cindy and we just had a wonderful time of good food and fun playing train. We had a great time. Everyone had left by midnight and we just watched some TV, Robert did, I've been trying to type this out for an hour and 1/2 and keep dozing off. LOL

So everyone have a great day tomorrow, enjoy this spring weather, keep me in your prayers if you will. Surgery a day away.

God Bless

No comments: