Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

What a nice day today was? Spring is the air. Blue bonnets are blooming, trees are buddin.

Had my orientee come in today and finish up her videos and do her computer work. While she was doing that I called applicants for interviews and cleaned out the snag a job box again. Helped in the window when needed, it wasn't that busy today.

Left work around 3:30 cause a lady from some medical company called and was going to come out to the house from Dallas to fit me for my collar. LOL - I'll call it a collar, you can call it a neck brace. LOL. Anyway it's a new design and she says it only weights like 1oz. Ran to Tuesday Morning first to grab a couple of more things for scrapkeno tonight. Got home and was going to vacuum cause it needs it, the dogs are loosing their winter coats, and vacuum isn't here, Niki has not brought it home. Gonna get it tomorrow. Back to my collar - she called and I knew she was going to stop in Bedford first, but when she called she had had to stop in Bedford, then I think she said Hurst and had to got back to Dallas so wanted to know if we could meet tomorrow night. I said I understood, lots of driving for her and a long day and the time of day the traffic would not be good and I had plans at 6. So she's coming tomorrow night.

Gathered up my scrapkeno gift and the Keno bag with all the cards etc in it and headed to Springtown for an evening of Scrapkeno fun. If you have never played keno or you don't know what keno is, it is a combination poker/bingo, you have a bingo type card but instead of numbers 1 - 70 something and the letters B I N G O, there are pictures of a deck of cards and the caller flips cards from the deck and if you have the A of hearts or what ever the card is you cover it. Once you get a straight bingo - 5 in a row you call out Keno. Now what we do is we each bring a 10 to 15 $ scrapbook gift in a bag, we top it with what we call a topper, instead of a bow we will tie a spool of ribbon, a pkg of stickers, something little that who ever picks your gift gets to keep. We also bring another little something and that goes into the blackout bag cause at the end of the night the last game played is blackout and the winner gets the whole bag. We usually start at 7, who ever is hosting will serve dinner and after we eat we'll play the first round which the hostess is the caller until all the gifts have been won, once they've all been won we break for dessert and everyone opens their gift. We number each gift and we start the second round. This round starts with the hostess calling the first hand - the winner then steals one of the gifts. In case there are two people with a keno the one with the highest poker hand is the winner. We each take a turn being a caller until everyone has called and it gets back to the hostess, the hostess calls once more for one last steal and then she will call for blackout. It's really alot of fun, especially the stealing sometimes, I think we each try to find the perfect gift that will be the hit for the night that everyone will want to fight over. Makes for a lot of laughs plus you add to your collection of scrapbook supplies. LOL
It's a nice 3 hours of fun.

We only had 7 of us tonight so it went fast, always does when we are a small group, we were done by 9:15. We've had as many as 17 and as little a 6. It's a blast the more people we have.

So I was home before 10 and then not much after that, changed, took off my make up, watched some news with my hubby and looked at a couple of RV's online he sent me links for.
And now I'm watching the Biggest Looser which was recorded for me.

Tomorrow I'll finish up with my trainee with menu's and plate presentation, the rest of her computer courses and the micros. Hopefully I can get my evals all written up for the next few weeks and get them into the mgrs folders, update all my employees in the CAI computer so that Lisa will be able to get people in for PAR tests and to get their overdue courses done.

Looked at the schedule for next week since our week starts on Saturday, I told Mike I could work Saturday cause we have a HUGE to go order for LOWE's Saturday morning, so he has me coming in at - get this - ready - remember if you know me I am NOT a morning person, I have to be at the store at, I really can't believe it - 6 AM, when we open. OMG, that means I can't stay up to late Friday night, I don't do 6 AM. Oh well, lol, Mike and I had talked about this order last week and knew that in order to have just the biscuits ready by the time they want this order who ever the opening manager is will have to start mixing and cooking them by 4 AM, and we have to have all the eggs, meat and gravy all ready by 6 for them to pick up. Although now that I think about it we may have to deliver it. LOL

Any way 6 AM to 11 AM not to bad. Ugh, can we say nap as soon as I get home. LOL

Ok, so that's it for today. Enjoy your Wednesday. God Bless

No comments: