Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday & Monday, the 20th & 21st of March 2011

Ok, I've been totally reprimanded by one of my fans that I threw off her whole morning routine by not having my blog posted for the day. LOL

I'm terribly sorry, in my defense I took some new medication forgetting that I didn't want to take it until I was ready for bed. Bad me. So sitting on the couch watching some of my recorded TV, what I couldn't tell you because I also had my lap top on my lap and it gets nice and warm on my lap and before I knew it I was snoozing, before I knew it I was trying to wake up, I couldn't even open my eyes, took a few minutes to wake up, so I close the lap top and stumbled my way to bed.

So as for my day, lol, I had to work again 8 to 2 as shift leader, this time I was front of house with Mani. Let's say it could have gone better, ever feel like a buffer between 2 people or peoples, well that's pretty much what happened to me being in between Mani and my 2 hostesses, it was rough but we got through it. After work I headed home where Robert & Glen had been working on the delivery van. When I got home Glen wasn't there he and La Rue had to go to Costco and also get a couple of parts for the van. The got here a little after 5 and the boys were doing more work on the van. After about an hour La Rue and I headed to her house to drop off all the stuff they'd bought and we headed back to my house(nice we only live about 10 minutes apart). On our way back we were about a mile from the house and Robert called me on my cell and said he and Glen had just passed us, they'd tried to call, I missed the first call but got the second, told Robert that we were headed back to the house to cook dinner.

When we got to the house I made breakfast for supper, always our fav. lol
Cooked up some biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs & sausage along with tater tots.
Now Glen & La Rue have feed us dinner the past few nights so I figured cooking dinner for them was due. The van is almost fixed but not quite. We watched Undercover Boss while we ate dinner. Not long afterward they went home and we watched the news and my honey went to bed and you know what happened from what I told you at the beginning.

So today, got up around 7, got showered and ready for work. Late getting there, thanks to the idiots that cant read a frickin speed limit sign on 730. Not hard, it's 60, so you always know who doesn't live out here cause they think doing 45 it ok. The guy at the head of the line this morning I just wanted to scream, "look in your rear view mirror you idiot, when you have a parade following you that means you AREN'T doing something right, LIKE GOING THE SPEED LIMIT, at least. ARGGGG can you tell what my hot button is. lol

Was supposed to have 2 people in orientation today, only one showed up. Had a grill cook training Lynda and a server with Phyllis. Seemed to go well on both accounts. We'll see, time will tell, do they conform to the Cracker Barrel way or do they think they already know it all and do what they want?

Left work a little after 2, went home and changed clothes then headed to the flower shop to help La Rue. Good thing, she had a delivery and since her delivery van is sitting in my driveway on blocks, lol. Now when I got there she was moving that big ol counter and said that Nicki the girl in the shop next door decided she want it. When I got back to the shop we moved a few things and Nicki's husband showed up and we all moved the big counter out and into her shop and the little one from her's into the flower shop. We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up. La Rue cleaned the floor area where the old counter had been while I cleaned the new counter. We decide to place it in line with the cooler wall in front of the back room door. The counter was white so I told Rue that we needed to paint it to match the rest of the wall and to do the wall with the cooler doors. She started painting and I started replacing the jewelry in the cabinet and moving crates around.

So if you haven't friended Cozycreations Flowers on FB, you need to friend us you can see all the work we've been doing. Looks great. We left the store around 6:30, picked up pizza and beer and headed home because again Robert and Glen were working on the van. They figured they'd gotten it fixed and then they found a small pin sized hole in the front of the engine that holds the oil, I honestly can't remember what part it is, it is not the oil pan. Any way Robert says it looks like some one had done some work on it before and they had hit it or something at some time and might have tried to fix it but didn't so it's been messed up for a while, which is why they(original owners) had a note on the back door to every day check the oil before even starting it. Robert and Glen used heavy duty epoxy to seal it, letting it sit all night and may reapply tomorrow before they decide it might work. Please pray it does, other wise it's gonna be a small fortune she doesn't have to get a new(rebuilt) engine. If they can fix it long enough for it to last even 6 months would help, we're hoping for business from prom and Mother's Day, not so much from Easter, that would be nice too.

Got a call from Mansfield Methodist Hospital to do my pre-registry for my surgery next Monday. Will know what time after dr appointment on Thursday.

God Bless and take care

No comments: