Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday, 24th of March 2011

Early mornin, needed to get some gas before I could head to Arlington to see Dr. Teal. Got there for my 9:15 appointment at 9:18, left at 11 and headed to the hospital in Mansfield.

As much as I hate having to wait, especially at a doctor's office, when they set an appointment you should be able to see the dr at least around the time you're scheduled. However, I do have to say that Dr. Teal is one dr out there who takes his time with all his patients, like an hour with each. He ran over what he's gonna do, incision in the front of the neck so he can fuse together the C3 to the C6 vertebraes and put a plate on them. Had to go the hospital for my pre-registration, blood work, x-rays, ekg and urine sample. Had to wait around for them to get me in to see the registration clerk but once I did things really moved fairly quickly. Really liked this hospital.

Got on the road back to Weatherford a bit after 1, stopped at Sprouts since I've really wanted to check it out for a while, didn't get to shop cause no time but I did grab a few things. Got back to Weatherford just in time to grab something to eat and got to work at 3. Almost immediately we got hit. 3:30 in the afternoon, I think we only had like one table and this very abrasive man came strolling in demanding to have a table for 2 and one for 4 and in a few minutes another 15. Some coach or something, I think they were FFA or something from a school in Paradise heading back home. He wanted to sit with the other teacher, he had a group of 4 teens come in with him that we sat and then the other 15 came in. So here I am trying to run the store and the kitchen, because one manager was in an interview that for some reason he couldn't break away from, another manager was in a meeting with ALL my dish crew and again couldn't stop to come and help and the third manager was at the bank and when he got back we were now in the thick of trying to get all the food cooked and out with out any problems. He left while we were still busy. On his behalf he might have had an appointment to get to himself as he is having medical problems again, afraid his cancer may have returned.

But when these 15 came in it seemed to open the gates cause all of a sudden we were getting a full dinning room, I had 3 servers, 1 grill cook, no one in dish, no one in prep and no one in back up, no host. Oh and did I mention NO MANAGERS. We got it done and I think with out to many problems. So before it was all said and done Shawn was the only manager left by 5 and who really knows what he was doing. Before I knew it I was stuck in prep the rest of the night making salads.

Left work just after 8:30 and headed home. Randy & Niki were here for a few minutes, she wanted to borrow my camera to go to Galveston. They're going with Springtown Drill Team for competition, since she choreographed a couple of the solo's.

Since getting home I've just vegged on the couch, not doing anything but writing this blog for all my fans out there. LOL

My back is really killing me tonight, lower back and right hip, it's getting worse as well. Told Dr. Teal today that once we got past this neck thing we'll have to look into my lower back and right hip. I also asked him if he could suction out some of my double chin while he was in my neck. LOL, he laughed too.

I need to go in to work for a couple of hours tomorrow morning to get my end of month(tattle tale)report done for Mike and go over some things with Lisa.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, I'm going to do what I can to enjoy what little I will have it. God Bless you all and thanks in advance for all the prayer going up for me.

No comments: