Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday, 3rd of March 2011

My day off, started with a trip to see Rita & get my neck stretched. As always felt pretty good afterward. If ya'll could keep Rita Burnett in your prayers would be greatly appreciated. She's been going through some rough times this past year and a half with different cancers. Saw her doctor for a few tests last week & they found a growth on the top of one of her kidneys now, no surgery, no radiation - they say they can only do chemo. She's such a bundle of energy usually & I know this is wearing on her, running her own business - rehabilitation physical therapy. She's the best, my whole family has gone to her for one thing or another for about 6 years now. If you'd keep her in prayer, please.

Left there & went to Dr. Brenner's office about my toe, tmj & a referral to a dermatologist. He thinks it might be osteo-arthritis in my toe, went ahead & sent me to have blood work done to test the uric acid, see if it might be gout. Hope it's isn't. Afraid it might be though.

Ran over to Wal-mart where I paid 3.40 a gallon for gas. Time to start complaining, but who too. Then drove on over to Arlington to see Dr. Teal & schedule surgery. Robert met me there. I asked Dr. Teal if he had anything opened the week of the 28th & he said what about the 28th. So my surgery is scheduled for the 28th of March, definite 4 weeks in a neck collar. Yee haw. No driving, not much of anything for 4 weeks. Gonna put a plate on the C3 to C7.

Went back to Weatherford & got the blood work done cause the wait was too long earlier in the day. Stopped at the hospital to see Hollis & was told I missed him by about an hour, they'd released him. I hope that means he's doing better. Headed home to grab a couple of things, ran to Azle to take those things to the flower shop. Rue was off having her tooth pulled & got to the store about 10 minutes after I got there. All's well & looking good.

Got home around 5:30, Robert & I put on some dinner, chorizo & cheese stuffed chicken breast, Robert had tater tots with his, I had sweet potato fries, tot's & fries both baked in the oven. Very good. Then I baked up some apple bites for dessert, had mine with cinnamon ice cream. We watched Wipe Out, OMGosh, I laughed so hard & I feel bad too, cause I feel I'm laughing at others pain & suffering. At 8:00 we turned on The Man from Snowy River, if you've never seen it, it really is good. 1982 Australian movie with horses. Kirk Douglas is the star, playing 2 parts.

So that's about it for the day. Gotta be at work in the AM around 9 till about 3, not a long day.

Till tomorrow, have a great Friday. God Bless and keep you.

No comments: