Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday & Thursday, June 1st and 2nd 2011

Shame on me for not posting yesterday, forgive me. I was a busy girl at work yesterday, calling like 50 people to set them up for interviews for today. Had my two new hires in the morning, we did menus/plate presentation class then got them onto the micros afterward they did some of their computer work before going to the rising star meeting at 3:30. LOL

So while they were doing all that I was going through all our snag-a-job(online aps) printing them and cleaning out the inbox. Then I called them to ask each one if they could make time to come in a fill out a paper application in store, it gives us more information than what we get on snag-a-job. I think I called like 50 people. After I called all those I then started calling aps that we already had on hand that I ran back ground checks on last week to line them up for interviews for today. I was late leaving work cause I was trying to get as many called as I could.

Robert had to take me and pick me up yesterday cause he's been working on Steph's car so she has my truck to drive back and forth to Burleson to her work.

When we got home Robert went back to working on her car and I came in changed clothes, took off my make up and ate some dinner that I brought home from work. Just chilled watching the Labyrinth - love David Bowie. When Robert came in he got a shower and then we watched the news. When he went to bed I watched the Expendables - my favorite sexy men in this one. Yum. That was my birthday movie last year to go see the Expendables.

For today, got to work at 8:30, got my two guys on the computer at 9 and found out after an hour that they'd been reading every word on their courses. LOL, got a laugh out of that. I told them "go to the bottom of the page, start the challenge, read the question, if you know the answer cause we've talked about alot of what you are doing then answer it, if you don't then scroll up and look for the answer. Sitting here reading it word for word they'd be there 6 or more hours instead of only about 3. With what they had left it should have only taken them about an hour and a half. So got them to speed it up cause I had some one waiting to get on one of the puters to take her PAR test.

Finally got her one around 11, let her do some reviewing and then tested her. Gave a total of 3 PAR's today, tried for a forth but at 8:30 at night the computers just didn't want to work.

Yes I said 8:30, I worked 12 plus hours today, switched over to Shift Leader at 3. My shoulders and neck have hurt most this week after or right before I got off work each day. I finally figured out why today. I was fine all day until after 3 when I had to get into the window to help set trays after the grill was done getting them loaded, needed to get them garnished and out. That started just before 6 and when I was done, just after 8 my right arm and should did what it's done all this week, I reach up to grab something or scratch my face and it twinges and stops. I figured out why finally. When I'm standing there in the window I have to look up at the monitor, when the food comes across I have to hit the print again up over my head, I think with the repetition and going up over my head is why it hurts, Dr. Teal said to not lift anything over my head I didn't think to not raise my arms up. It's the only thing it could be. I see Dr. Teal on the 16th with new xrays so we'll talk. LOL

It was a busy night, my servers were doing well, a few mistakes, lots of rising stars, host new and doing well, my grill cook was doing his best for being the only cook but the manager got back their and promptly got us into the weeds. He's slow and cant seem to read a ticket right, he kept getting in my cooks way. He truly believes he's good and helping on the grill when all he does is aggravate all those around him.

When I should be having 12 min seat to eats or less, when he's up there, especially tonight we had 15 min or longer tickets, had a dip ticket that should have been out in 2 min or less go over 10 min. I've very disappointed. They don't seem to care and they cant move past the first ticket, Lynda is the only employee we have that can have 8 or more tickets and have them all running not just one at a time.

Got home a bit after 9 and here I sit blogging to you all before I crash and burn. I'm beat.

I have the next 2 days off though, yeah.

Have a great weekend. God Bless you all


No comments: