Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday, 30th of June 2011

Wow, the last day of the month, the end of the middle of the year and tomorrow starts the beginning of the second 1/2 of the year. Six months till Christmas.

So my last day of the week, my Friday and a busy day it was too. I really don't know what all I did today, lol. I was all over the place. Set up interviews for Tina this morning. Watched the window, helped were needed. I really was very busy and all over the place today. Not in my office much at all. Jesse one of the grill cooks finally after weeks and actually months of ignoring that he was on the schedule to take PAR tests showed up today. He took both his PAR tests, his 3 in Dish and after 8 months of working in grill when he should be taking his 3 in grill finally took his PAR 1. He's one of those who really needs to just go away.

Mani is on vacation for a week. Yee haw. I was shift leader tonight and we were busy, busy, busy. We pulled a funny on two of the newbies tonight. I have to tell you this is really funnier when you hear it in person but I will try to relay what happened.

Our coffee machines that brew our coffee also have hot water spigots on them. Well I asked these two girls if they'd drain the hot water out of the machine cause we need to clean out the old water and get new watqer in them. So how do you do that, well you pull that spigot and drain the water into a pitcher and just dump it into the sink. Ok, and of course Clifton explains that we need to clean them with a chemical and draining the water helps clean it out.

So here they are draining the water from the machine. We are all but rolling trying to keep a straight face. One of them asks me if the water will get cooler, I told her oh yeah when it starts to get to the end the water will get cooler and you'll know when your close to being done. Now to explain the water is boiling when it comes out. Her reply as I walked out the door was "this will take me all night". It was so hard to keep a straight face. I asked Sam when I got out in the dinning room, how long do you think we should let them go. ROFLMAO
So back into the kitchen, at the middle of the alley with each girl on each end of the alley, Sam, Lauren and I are talking about what they're doing and laughing and just can't keep a straight face, Joel comes in and we try to get him involved and he knew that you can't drain all the water it's on a line. LOL So we start laughing and we tell the girls that they can stop. They were starting to get the idea it was a joke. Seriously it's so funny to watch them fill up pitcher after pitcher of hot water and dump it. We did the same to another server Taylor the other day and bless his heart he probably went on for 15 minutes before I walked up to him and asked him what he was doing? Of course it was some of the servers who got him started when Fred and I realized what they'd done. It was soooooo funny. They were all great sports about it. I told the girls tonight that it's just a way of saying welcome to the team. We like you if we pull that prank.

Left work at 8 and booked home to change clothes and head to La Rue's Mary Kay party. Got home at 10 and cleaned off all the make up and then Robert and I watched Burn Notice at 10:30.

So there ya go. All in all it was a good day just really busy. When I left I have 4 people lined up for orientation next week, could have a couple of more after they interview the ones I lined up for them tomorrow. I'm off Friday and Saturday this weekend so I don't have to worry about the next two days. I will have to work Sunday though and then I get Monday off, gonna do orientation Tuesday & Wednesday this next week.

Till tomorrow, ya'll have a great weekend. God Bless

No comments: