Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Thursday & Friday, 16th & 17th of June 2011

Thursday started so very early for me, had to be in Arlington at 8:45 for my 2nd follow up appointment with Dr. Teal to check on my recovery progress from my surgery. All is well, looking good don't need to see him again for 3 months. X-rays look good, just need to continue to be careful. No heavy lifting over my head, light exercise. After my appointment I headed back home to get ready for work. Got to work just after 11 and was busy right away. Had people finishing their computer work & micros, managers had interviews that I had set up. Two was hired, giving me 4 for orientation next week. Staying busy. I had to shift lead so at 3 switched over from ETC to SL and it was Fred and I, no Mani, he had a day off. So with Fred and I running the shift no major issues and we didn't run out of food. Go figure. There was one incident around 3:30/4. One of our grill cooks whom I'm always on about wearing a beard guard and he gives me so much trouble, refuses, gets snotty about it, so I've gotten to having the managers to tell him to put one on, when he does then he just wears it around his neck. I've asked them for months to write him up for it, nope they wont do it. So I see he doesn't have one on but I'm not gonna say a word, as I come around the server alley I see Tina - retail manager - getting a drink and I approach her and tell her we have a cook on the line with out a guard on. So shortly after I walk away she asks him to put a guard on and guess what he does, he tells her in his smart ass tone of voice, thinking he's being cute "you put on a beard guard", I can tell you that was the stupidest thing he could have ever done. I was at the office door and heard it and thought ohhh he did not just???? lol So now he's pissed her off, he told her no in her mind because he wanted to argue with her. He put one on and then she checked on him about 15 min later and it was around his neck and about this same time I came around the corner to find one of my servers in the prep window holding a plate of 1/2 eaten turkey & dressing dinner showing it to said grill cook telling him of a hair that the woman found on her turkey. I took the plate, asked the server what the lady wanted, if she wanted more or something else, she just wanted a dessert, told the server to split the dinner off the ticket. I then took the plate to the managers, Tina standing at the office door, Mike on a conference call and Fred had just come out of the office and was standing with Tina when I approached with the plate, showing Tina the hair which was obviously a beard hair. Needless to say she told Fred they'd better write him up. I went to the guest myself, expressed my sincere apologies, she was very kind and laughed saying she checked to make sure it wasn't one of hers but since her hair was gray and the hair was black she decided it wasn't. I explained that we were buying her dinner and the dessert as well. She was surprised and appreciative. When I spoke to Tina after the fact and explained that I have asked for months both for him to put on a guard and for managers to write him up she decided she'd take it into her hands, she did the write up since his behavior was right at insubordination. She wrote him up as a verbal, showed him the write up and his response was I didn't mean to make up mad I was only kidding. To little to late, she explained that if he has facial hair he has to wear a beard guard. The write up is a verbal but it is also a final that if it happens again he will be terminated. Thank you Lord, please let him do it again. He's one of those that one of my managers is in love with and gets away with murder. So it was after 9 PM before I could clock out and close to 10 before I got home. They close I-20 at 8 so it was one lane traffic on the access road between south Main and Santa Fe, they were working on the new bridge in between those two exits. So I got caught up in that and quickly took the next turn that runs behind Khol's and went back around and across the highway. Little longer which why it took me awhile to get home.

Friday - what a great day, the beginning of my 3 day weekend. Yee haw. Slept late, lol, got up around 9. Robert wanted to take Steph's old car to the wrecking yard and to go to the RV place, so I followed in his truck and picked him up at Eagle Mountain Salvage and we headed into Fort Worth. Went to the RV place to order replacement parts for the things we need to fix the boo boo's on the trailer. Got it all ordered bought a few things for the inside while there then headed to the base. We got the truck registered at the gate then headed in to the BX. There we bought some pots and pans for the trailer and some other things. Got home around 2 and chilled out for a while. Steph was here when we got home doing her laundry. I needed to run some errands so she came along. We went and dropped off my shirts at the cleaners and then to the bank and on to Walmart got a few things that Robert forgot on his run yesterday.

So Friday night, wooo whoo, big plans. Not, lol, we chilled out and watched Beverly Hills Cop 3 which I really don't believe I ever saw, big surprise. LOL

We've watched the news and now we're starting netflix on the PS3 to see what movies might be on there.

Ya'll have a great weekend and to all those Dad's out there, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
God bless you all

No comments: