Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tuesday & Wednesday, 28th & 29th of June 2011

Tuesday, spent my day mostly doing office work, I'm really excited that I'm catching up on over 2 months worth of work. Not having an orientation this week has been very nice for me. I got all the employee's updated in the CAI computer. By updating that means changing the PAR status on those who have PAR'd up, making sure they have the right name in the name box for aprons, adding in my newest trainers. All in all cleaning house. LOL I had two course on my to do list and got them both done. So I am once again 100% complete. I was looking at the # of courses I've had to do since I was hired almost 6 years ago compared to those who were hired at the same time, I've completed 108 courses compared to the others who've been with us as long as I have their # is 60 or less. So is it any wonder that when some one questions my knowledge of how something should be done I get a little testy. Hmmm.

Got all my computer work caught up, got the newest set of evals written and assigned to the managers. Called the newest set of applicants and scheduled them for interviews, faxed back ground checks off. Called all the employees at 2 who was scheduled to do the Food Handlers class at 3 to make sure they hadn't forgotten and to be in uniform. Was ready for Angel by 2:30 who was coming from the Health Dept. to do the Food Handlers class. She arrived around 2:45. Found out about 5 minutes till she arrived that we were having extra's coming over from Taco Cabana. Mani said 10 people, he's such an exaggerater. Angel said only 4 and 3 showed. All mine showed but 1. The class was from 3 to 5. We set a date for the next class in 3 weeks. I left work around 5:30 and headed home for the night.

Robert has gotten the parts to fix the trailer yesterday and had an appointment with Dr. Daniels about his knee, found out they may just need to replace his knee cap instead of the whole knee. Mind you this is the knee that he's already had 3 surgeries on since 1983. They have to do an MRI to find out more.

Didn't do much once I got home just vegged and watched Deadliest Catch and After the Catch. I did have run out and take something over to Stephanie. Left around 9:15 and back home by 9:40. Watched the news and tried to watch recorded tv and started falling asleep so I was in bed by midnight. I was tired. LOL

Wednesday morning got up and ready for work at 7 feeling like I had rested, that's a good thing. LOL. My day at work started with a quick visit with Mike and updating him on some issues. Printed a copy of the schedule so that I could do my part with it. Sat down in the dinning room to watch while I worked on the schedule. I sat in the dinning room because Mike had an interview and then a conference call so I needed to be able to be available. When he became available again I went to Tina's office to make the changes to the schedule, getting people added and removed for meetings & CAI(PAR tests) Mike got a few of his evals finally done so I was able to schedule those for their PAR tests. Helped out in the window for a bit. Talked with Peggy in retail for a while since we haven't seen one another in like forever. Then needed to be in the window again for a while cause Mani let Jennifer leave instead of going on to grill at 3, so now we are with out a grill cook, Mike got a hold of Dakota and he was there in no time. Thank heavens cause Mani on the grill sucks. He had no tickets but couldn't leave the grill to do his interview at 3. even though he wasn't up on the grill when the girl arrived. Mike did the interview at 3:20 and had me set her up with a second with Fred. Mike started his rising star meeting at 3:30, I think they all showed. I think didn't have a chance to check the list, will do that tomorrow. Needless to say I jetted around 4:30. Didn't want to have to deal with Mani any more today. He had everyone up set. Didn't do a proper chart for my back-up cook, so told DJ just to do what he knows needs to be done. He cooked a ticket had everything long time done and didn't get the french toast done. So he and Oran were going at it. He told one of my 3:00 servers she couldn't work until she talked to Mike because of a guest issue she had last night. Which was ridiculous. He's such an idiot and likes to think that he's in charge of everything as well as knows it all. He actually spoke to Angel the Health Dept lady yesterday before she started her class to tell her what she should talk about including talking to our employees about the cleanliness of their uniforms. SERIOUSLY. She just rolled her eyes. Thank heavens he's gone for a week on vacation. But then we still have to deal with Shawn although I have to say he's not nearly as bad as Mani. He's bad, he's also an idiot but at least he knows what needs to be done most of the time.

Well there ya have it folks. My last two days. Dealing with moron managers and upset employees. My day to day existence at work. I love it when Mike and Fred are the managers. Oh well. One day I wont have to deal with any of them. LOL

God Bless you all and keep you safe as we move into our independence weekend.




No comments: