Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday, 24th of February 2011

Well, what a day off today. LOL

Yesterday after getting home from work my left big toe hurt after I took off my shoes, thinking that I just needed to pop the joint, it was stiff and just ached. When I got up this morning it really hurt, like it was broken, has hurt alllllll day just getting worse, with my toe swelling and then about half my foot on the inside. I really can't figure it out and now I'm sitting here afraid that it might be gout, I have all the symptoms except it said that even a sheet touching it makes it hurt worse, in my case I keep rubbing it with my right foot cause it actually eases some of the throbbing. I took some ibuprophen and thinking of taking something stronger. LOL

Started the day off heading to Cozy Creations with Thersia Evone following me with her truck load of goodies to help stock the store. I took a few things myself. I moved a few things around visually with the store, need to go back tomorrow, didn't want to leave today, to finish arranging things. La Rue and I left Thersia and Rue's friend Karen at the shop and headed to Fort Worth to find a wholesale basket store, which must be one of the best kept secrets in the city. We finally found it and OMG, it was hard not to spend a small fortune(more than what we spent). I kid you not, any and every kind of basket you could imagine, metal buckets, porcelains & hammered tins. We filled the back of the mini van and spent just under 200 dollars. Left there and grabbed a couple of burgers on the run and headed back to the Lake Worth area to check on La Rue's computer at Best Buy then on to Hobby Lobby for a few things there including checking the 80% off red tag isle. The girl checking us out however did not know the meaning of sense of urgency, I swear I don't think I've ever seen some one that young move that slow and with such detachment from their job, possibly even disdain.

We rushed on back to the shop in Azle to unload and I could head home to change for work for my meeting. Got to the store around 4, had my meeting with Server Trainers about everyone being on the same page for the new hires about to be trained in the next few weeks. They all need to re-review our training packets, make sure they are training the absolutes, guiding principles, seat to eat and the servers circle. I reminded them of the seat to eat targets that they would need to remember and review these with the rising stars. I did start the meeting off by thanking them for all they do and for being the best, in my opinion, servers in our district, especially after working at 242 this week and seeing how when there isn't a training group of managers and our DM aren't in the building they don't do the absolutes and they definately are not doing seat to eat by the book or at all for that matter. I was missing 2 of the trainers knowing where one was and she was excused. The other, not a clue. Once we were done I fixed next weeks schedule, called next weeks new hires for orientation and made sure Lisa would be able to do Wed/Thurs for me. I really was not relishing the idea of driving an hour to Arlington, doing orientation from 9 to 2 & driving back to Weatherford to conduct another orientation from 4 to 9 or 10 at night. Doing that for 3 days, as much as I would love that kind of OT it was still gonna make for 3 long days. So yeah Lisa for agreeing to do orientation for me again next week. I'll still take Thursday off for sure to make my neurology appointment at 1.

Once I got home around 6 Robert & I went to Azle and had dinner. BTW toe still killing me and once I got my foot propped up and IBuprophen it has helped ease, but not much, definitely going to take something with narcotic in it before I sleep. And yes it is a prescription, lol.

So I'm gonna call it a night, play a bit on my FB games and head to bed. Ya'll have a great day tomorrow and God Bless & keep you,

love,
me

No comments: