Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday & Sunday, 23rd & 24th of April 2011

Ok, bad me not getting Saturday's posted Saturday night, lol, I feel asleep. So here it all is.....

Saturday, got up late(again - lol) cooked myself some bacon & an omelet - yummy. As I was cooking my brunch Rue called and wanted to know if I wanted to come to the shop for a bit and then go with her to meet with a local guy about his candles for the shop. Told her I was cooking but after I ate and got dressed I could head that way.

About 12:45 I headed to Azle and picked up Rue, she'd just closed the shop and we delivered a couple of flower baskets to a couple of businesses on Main St, then went over to the this guys house who makes his own wood wicked candles, nice smells, good prices. Left there and went back to the shop so she could get her van to take to my house, cause our guys were waiting on it to work on the air conditioning.

It was close to 2 - 2:30 before we got to the house and we just hung out while the guys took the van apart. LOL, they needed a part for it so La Rue and I headed into Weatherford to Autozone who showed online and on their in store computer they had the part and guess what, NO part. So we headed down the road to O'Reilly's - no part but the O'Reilly's in White Settlement had one. You got it, we headed to WS. Picked up the part, got drinks at Sonic and headed back to my house.

When we got back it was close to 5 and Robert was grilling the chicken teriyaki that he'd been marinating all day, we ate dinner and afterward Glen and Robert went out to see if they could get the part on and well, it was the wrong part. Dad gummit. So still no air in the van, not good for a floral delivery van. She'll get the correct part some time this week and they'll get it fixed. LOL

Since it didn't work we settled in to watch a movie, The Little Fockers, SOOOOO funny. Robert made homemade popcorn, real butter. NOT microwaved or air popped. The good stuff. LOL After the movie, around 9 Glen & Rue left to head home and Robert and I just vegged the rest of the evening and actually got into bed at 12:30, both beat.

Didn't sleep to well, Robert got up around 5 to put the brisket in the smoker, didn't do it last night like he was going to do due to the high winds and storms. I woke up when his alarm went off - to explain - I NEVER hear his alarm, I can't think of the last time that I may have ever heard it. Got up and had to go potty(lol), climbed back in bed as he was getting dressed, my neck and shoulders were hurting, thought I could go back to sleep, I think I dozed on and off in between trying to get comfortable and the on again off again hot flashes. Finally around 6:30 I got up and went to the kitchen and took two tylenol in hopes that it would help my head/neck & shoulders. Went back to bed, tossed & turned, put my air on, dozed here & there and around 7:00 gave it up, pilled up pillows and turned on the tv to watch some shows I had recorded, sorta hoping that it would help me fall asleep. No go. Got up around 8 cause I had some cooking to do for Easter lunch with the family today.

Peeled & boiled potatoes for potato salad. Got that all made and in to the fridge. Then sliced up some new potatoes for a recipe that I had found for Herbed Potatoes, very good.

Stephanie showed up, we were still waiting on Niki & Randy and Amanda, Niki then called and said her and Randy would just meet us. We were all going down to Burleson to my sisters for Easter. Amanda finally showed up and we headed out. Got there at 2 and had a wonder lunch and visit with everyone.

Got home at 7, the girls left when we got back to the house. Robert & I got changed and settled in to watch Extreme Make over Home addition. Watched the storm out side for a while and then we watched The Killing on AMC at 9.

So there ya have it, my life for the past two days. I hope and pray that you all had a wonderful Easter where ever you spent your day or who ever you spent it with.

God Bless and keep you till tomorrow, enjoy the rain. I know I will, I love thunder and lightening and the sound of rain.


No comments: