Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Monday thru Friday, 11th to the 15th of April

What a week this has been! Monday I was home all day long with not much to do, didn't go any where, didn't see anyone. So not a lot to tell. Tuesday pretty much the same thing, Monday I fell asleep before I could post anything on the blog, Tuesday around 3:30 in the afternoon we lost our internet and didn't get it back up till yesterday.

So on Wednesday, Robert took me to my dermatology appointment, just a follow up on my rosacea. After that we headed to Haltom City to United RV to pick up our new toy. Took us almost 3 hours to get it. We took almost an hour to do a walk through with the tech, showing us were everything was and what things do and such. After that we were to meet with the manager to sign all the papers and were told he'd left to go get the title. Seriously, you've had our RV & money for 2 weeks, made us make an appointment to pick it up and finalize and these people didn't already have everything in order. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. argh, I wasn't to happy. We waited almost another hour for him to return and for them to put in the hitch that was a part of the package. We finally left around 3:15 or so for the drive home. We made it to the end of our drive way and Robert misjudged the turn into the drive and caught the fence post with the trailer. Spent the rest of the evening taking it easy after an all day outing. LOL

Thursday Niki & Randy came over to take me to La Rue's shop cause I was gonna run with her to the basket place, we headed over there around 2:10 and got back to the store around 4:15. Sarah Rue's daughter brought me home and I put on a bit of make up, changed clothes and she took me into Weatherford where I met up with Thersia Evone for our evening out in Burleson for the get together at Gina's Pizza. We had a great time and alot of laughs. I told her we could go as The Phantom of the Opera and Frankenstein and tell everyone we thought it was a masquerade party. That's because of her surgery on Monday, where they took out a huge chunk from her cheek, down to the bone, they found basel cell carcinoma, they then had to do emergency plastic surgery so she has 40 stitches in her face running from the outside of the base of the eye socket running up to the side of her nose down the crease beside her nose and the line in the face from were we smile. She placed a patch over it, which I kept telling her it really wasn't that bad, the dr did a fantastic job, she had a reverse face lift, instead of pulling it back to the ears they had to pull the skin up from the chin and throat and ear area in toward the nose. And of course me still being in my neck brace. So everyone was wonderful and inquisitive, no biggie, but we did get some great laughs. We had some great pizza and visited with classmates from 78, 79 and 80 and of course Kenny Davis who I believe was class of 84, what a youngster. LOL. After Gina's we were invited out to Lynette Webb's just to visit and chat more. Although I have to say she had quite the lay out when we got there, fruit & veggie trays, even some cookie trays and such. I was good, ate some of the fruits & veggies. Before we left Thersia and I split a brownie, the small little debbies so it was like 2 bites. lol
About an hour or so before we left we kept seeing all the lightening moving our direction and not long after we left we did get caught in some of the rain, OMG some of the drops were the size of cup saucers and got a bit of hail. As we headed NW back to Weatherford the less bad weather there was.

Then after I got home last night I was thinking about my mom who had called just as Thersia and I had gotten into Burleson, she said she was calling to check on me and that I usually call her. I didn't get it until I laid down and then I realized what the date was, the 14th, my brother John's birthday, he would have been 44 this year. Each year since his death I always call my mom and I forgot this year. Being laid up for over 2 weeks I barely know what day it is much less the date.

So this morning when I got up the first thing I did was call my mom back. She has had such a hard time each year on John's birthday and of course the date of his death it always worries me and that's why I call. Today was a wonderful day because when I apologized for forgetting she said it was alright, that it was a sign of growth for both of us because she did very well yesterday. I was very happy, so we had a nice conversation for about 15 minutes and then she needed to get back to work. Not long after that Niki showed up just cause and I told her good cause I was gonna call her to come get me I needed to run to Weatherford to pick up a prescription, go by Micheal's, go to Lowe's to get a gift card for my son for his birthday on Monday and then to the post office to mail off the cards. Of course we went to Ross's also. LOL When we got back to the house it was just after 5 and Steph had come over to make dinner for us. She made Bacon Cheese burger wraps, very good. Niki had left to go pick up Randy from work and they came back, he didn't stay long wasn't feeling to well, but Niki stayed and then Amanda and Jason came by for a visit, gave them the tour of the RV and they stayed for a while, just all of us chatting and catching up. So all in all a nice day finishing up the evening seeing all three of my daughers. Now just trying to catch you all up on the week. Hopefully no more probs with the internet.

Ohhhh, let me vent on that a bit - 2 months ago they call us (we have satellite internet) to tell us they want to put in a new box, upgraded equipment. Ok so someone needs to be here all day for that, no prob. Ever since they placed it in the house we've had nothing but trouble, internet going down either at the box and having to re boot it or the tower. So Tuesday like I said it went out, the tech came out yesterday morning to check it and the box was bad, they'd already told Robert that it was going to cost 85 dollars for the service call. BS I said, why should we have to pay for them to come fix something they put in our house 2 months ago. He came out, the box was bad and needed to be replaced and that was going to cost us $199.99, again I was not a very happy camper. Told the guy I know it's not you but can you see why I am upset "you're company calls us up, tells us we need a new piece of equipment - I did not call you and ask for an upgrade or anything new - we let you put it in our house and we have nothing but problems and you tell me there is only a 30 day warranty, convenient after 2 months. Equipment we didn't ask for goes bad, there's no warranty and WE HAVE TO PAY 200 dollars plus 85 for you to come out and fix it." I am livid, he calls his boss, who wont even talk to me, tells me that if we extend our contract 2 more years they can wave the 85 dollars. I called Robert and let them talk to one another. Robert says pay the 200, extend the contract. ARGGGGGGHHHH, I'm really really really unhappy with this and don't know who to talk to because I really don't understand why we have to pay for all this crap when it wasn't us who even asked for any of the upgraded equipment.

Oh well, that's my rant for the day. LOL

I hope to get back to daily posts. Ya'll have a great weekend, God Bless you all. Thanks for the prayers and get well wishes.

No comments: