Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sunday & Monday, 3rd & 4th of July 2011

The weekend of our countries independence. Had to work on Sunday, busy day. I went in at 9 and was to finish at 2 but didn't get out till almost 3. The morning started off slow and then we got busy. I ran the dinning room with 4 of my hostesses, 2 rising stars and Maria my PAR 4 trainer and Amanda who's a PAR 3. We did very good. Didn't have any major issues, got the guests in and the kitchen seemed to be doing well also, no one really had to wait for much. We had a few guests that had to wait for a bit but that was because they wouldn't take first available. Around 12:30 or so Stephanie came in and she was meeting my sister Alicia and her mom in law Connie. They stayed and had lunch, of course they stayed as long as they could thinking that I'd be off at 2 and could have joined them for a bit. Well that didn't happen. They left and were going to Braum's and meeting Amanda & Jason for ice cream. So after I got off work I joined them at Braum's after stopping at Walmart and filling up the truck with gas. When I got to Braum's Connie had gone home and Logan my niece was there. We decided that we'd all come back to my house to visit some more since Jason wasn't feeling well, he could lay down and the rest of us girls could have a nice visit. Robert was working on the trailer so we didn't bother him any except for when I was showing off the trailer to Alicia. Everyone stayed for a while, Alicia shared with me that Robin(our other sister) was given a bunch of pictures that their Dad had taken 30 years ago and none of us knew that he had. There were some good pictures in there of our brother John before he got sick, some after he got sick and a few that was taken a month before his death. It was nice to see some of these pictures. There were some that I had forgotten about of me alone and some with all 4 of us, as well as some with all of us and our parents. So it was decided that Alicia would come back Monday morning with all the pictures and we'd scan them and put them all on flash drives so everyone could have copies. All the girls were gonna come over as well. Around 6 everyone left, Alicia and Logan had dinner plans with her inlaws in town, Amanda took Jason home and Stephanie went to her home. Robert had come in by then and cleaned up and not long after they all left he ran to Walmart to get a few things including potatoes, onions and relish so that I could make potato salad to take to Mary Lou's for lunch on Monday. When he got home we watched Leverage and then Falling Skies, the news and then 101 ways to leave a game show. We were both in bed and gone by midnight.

Woke up early, but wasn't ready to get up and besides I'd set my alarm for 8. Robert had gotten up around 6:30 or so I think. I didn't get up until 8 and as soon as I got up I started pealing potatoes and got them on to cook. Made the salad and got it into the fridge so it'd be cold by 1. Amanda and shortly after her Alicia showed up just after 9. Stephanie had over slept. Alicia showed me all the pictures then we started to get her lap top hooked up to my scanner and it couldn't read it then Robert finally came in and I asked him to look he ended up getting his lap top hooked up to it cause Alicia's wouldn't read it for some reason. Once we got it hooked up and running(after 2 hours - lol) it moved rather quickly. Stephanie and Alicia got them all scanned and put on the memory sticks(3) so I'd have one, Robin would have one and Alicia could share her's with Mom. We finished up around 1:20 and Mary Lou called to find out when we'd be there and I told her we'd be leaving in the next 5 to 10 minutes.

Robert had worked on the trailer all morning and around 12:30 came in a got me to come look at it and wow, I told him he'd missed his calling, he did a fantastic job fixing the fiberglass and it really looks great. He came in and got cleaned up, I got my suit on and packed up a change of clothes and we all headed out. Alicia back to Connie & Stan's. Amanda to her home and Steph went home she wasn't feeling to hot. I think it was cause she stayed up WAY to late with her new BF. Robert and I got to Mary Lou's around 1:45 and both his sister's were there, Glenda, Johnny with Dena & Katelyn and Beverly, we ate lunch and then we all got in the pool except Robert he went in and went to sleep. It was nice we had a great visit and got some good sun. Robert and I left and came home just after 5. So here we sit both on our lap tops me playing my games and checking email and Robert reading his news stories and probably playing solitaire. We watched Furry Vengeance with Brendan Fraser. It really was funny. Now we're watching Season of the Witch.

It's 9:30 and I have to work the next 5 days. Ugh, oh well the price I pay for having today off. The only reason I'm having to work Saturday is because of the Peach Festival, yes it's that time of year again in Weatherford - the Parker County Peach Festival is Saturday and as usual it's extremely hot out. I've heard they have the best home made peach ice cream. But it's always so very hot but still lot's of people show up.

So that's it for tonight all, God Bless you all, I pray that you all had a wonderful 4th of July even though we didn't get to do any fireworks this year it really wasn't the same. It's been 5 years since we couldn't celebrate the way we should, we've always had a big to do here at our house with lot's of people, food and fireworks but not this year. Hopefully we'll have rain next year so that we can celebrate right.

Good night to all and God Bless America and our troops who defend it.

No comments: