Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monday & Tuesday, 25th & 26th of July 2011

Two fairly busy days. Got to work both days around 8, had orientation yesterday morning with a new cashier and a new server. Was gonna leave around 1 to head to the airport and pick up Steph, however we for a Monday were busy, it was getting busy when I got to work, stayed steady and then around 12:30 we got hit. I had to jump in and help, worked the window got my newbies out around 1:15 and finally got clocked out close to 1:30. I was trying for 1:00 cause I had to get gas, so fighting the traffic to get over to the Walmart on S Main then running in to load the walmart gift card, finding a pump since it was rally busy at the gas station, filling up the truck and then rushing home to change clothes and get Niki since she was at the house waiting on me. We got on the road just after 2, Steph's plane was to land at 2:55. We got to Lake Worth around 2:30 and Steph called they'd just landed. Ugh, luckily we didn't run into to much traffic especially at the N loop 820 & I-35 interchange. It wasn't until Rufe Snow that traffic slowed and got a bit congested. Then we ran into a second spot around Bedford Road. But we made it to the Airport at 3, Steph was waiting at the curb for us, pulled up and literally threw her suit case in the back and she jumped in and off we went. LOL

We headed back, luckily ahead of the getting off work traffic so it wasn't bad getting back to the Lake Worth area, having Stephanie tell us of her weekend in Cancun and her friend's husband's nutty mother, when they talk of Bridezilla's they need to make a show for future mom-in-lawzilla's. It was because of her that this event took place at an expensive resort that Steph paid more than she should have for and the woman had the nerve to tell my daughter that she couldn't celebrate her birthday on Saturday, which was her birthday. I asked Steph if she told her what she could do with that thought, she said yes, plus the husband(dad-in-law) set his wife straight on that one, especially since one of their own sons(they have 5) had a birthday the day they arrived and no one had even bothered to tell him happy birthday. Steph said she didn't finally chill out until Sunday after the wedding and she'd had a few drinks in her. She didn't get to swim with the dolphins cause her friend didn't book the excursion ahead of time. But she did get to enjoy a total deep tissue massage at the spa. All in all she did have a good time once she got to the resort because the resort forgot to send the car to pick her up, she sat at the airport for almost 2 hours checking with someone they finally got another company to drive her. I told her she needs to fill a complaint with the company, they tried to over charge her on her room, the hot tub in the room didn't work but the maintenance man did get it fixed, the tequilla dispenser in their room leaked. Just a few little things and they told her she needed to be at the airport Monday morning by 4 and the ticket counter to check in at didn't open till 5:30 and the man opening it wouldn't let her come to the counter until he had set up the zigzag line and she had to walk the whole thing before he'd deal with her, then he pretended not to speak english when she told him how stupid that whole thing was. The joys of travel. LOL Live and learn.

We decided to meet up with Amanda in Azle for a late lunch early dinner and the places we wanted to go were closed so we ended up at a place called Josephina's on 199, not a bad place, good chips and salsa, my taco's not bad a little to greasy but good. We left there took Amanda back to her car and headed to the house. Niki and Steph both went back to their apartment then Steph came back later to do her laundry for work the next day.

Robert is having to work in Dallas all week for a conference so he didn't get home until after 6. We both chilled out for the evening, watched Eureka, The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles. Robert actually went to bed around 9:30 he was beat. I also watched Warehouse 13, funny. Played some of FB and headed to bed around 1.

This morning same thing got to work around 8, it was raining in the distance but it never even got close to the ground, totally dissipated before reaching even the roof of a 3 story building. We really really really need rain bad, the only thing green around any where is the live oaks which stay green year round. It's really bad. At work, my new server came in at 9 and we did menu's and plate class, then at 12:30 we got slammed again. I jumped in the window and before I knew it it was almost 2 and I had to leave at 2 to head to Fort Worth for a dr appointment. My yearly woman check up. Yee haw. LOL. I do love my gyn, she's awesome. Gives me a big hug, told me I looked great, she could see that I look and feel better, lost weight, great calves, lol, her nurse asked what sport did I used to play, told her I used to be a dancer. That explains the calves, of course it has nothing to do with the fact I love to wear high heels when I can also, great exercise for calf muscles. She just an awesome dr. I told her about Niki's second miscarriage and about her having henoch schonlein purpura when she was 3 and how we believe that might be what is effecting her pregnancies. She wants to see her to help her out, I told her as soon as they get insurance on her through Randy's new job. I know she'll take care of my baby girl and do what ever is needed to help her.

Went to Albertson's after the dr, got Robert some fried chicken for dinner and enough he can take some with him tomorrow for lunch. Got home around 5:20 and chilled for the rest of the night. We watched Deadliest Catch and After the Catch, again just after 10 Robert headed to bed cause he didn't get home till like 7 or a little after. He leaves around 5:30 in the morning and of course having to drive home in the traffic from Dallas he really hates it. Plus he's board to tears over at the conference no real reason to be there except the powers that be think they need 3 IT guys there. He could have done everything that needed to be set up yesterday alone and in half the time but he's not in charge so whatcha gonna do, what the boss says right.

Now I'm watching America's Got Talent that I recorded earlier and updating you all to the past two days. LOL. Been trying to close out my Pampered Chef show, keep getting orders, up to $700 show now. Good for me, lots of free stuff coming my way. Thanks to those who are reading this and placed an order. You're awesome.

So until tomorrow, ya'll have a wonderful Wednesday and a great week. God Bless you all.

No comments: