Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Saturday to Tuesday, 9th - 12th of July 2011

I'd like to start by apologizing to everyone for not posting anything in the past 4 days.

Friday was just a regular day at work, busy as usual catching up as always on things, finishing up my week with my rising stars. Never ending work. LOL I was going to leave around 2 but Mike said we would be having a manager meeting at 3 so I stayed and then we didn't start until 3:25. We talked about the Guest Loyalty Monitor and how it's reflecting the decline of server attentiveness, worse than it's been in months. So all our servers who have been complaining about not getting tips, need to look at how much attention they are giving the guest. Mike says the managers need to start working with all the employees in a more positive manner. I reported on the number of employees that we have, how many we've hired, how many need to PAR test like now and how many need evals. Reminded the managers of the overdue evals and told then of the new ones that I'd put in their folders for the next 3 cycles. Mike made a commitment to me that they would all have their assigned evals done before the end of the fiscal year which is the last friday of the month. We'll see how that works. We wrapped up the meeting around 4 and I was headed home by 4:15. Took it easy for a bit after I got home and then got ready for date night. We went to Arlington to a place called Black Finn's and met up with a few friends for dinner. After dinner we all moved outside to the patio and had a nice visit with less noise. Nice evening even though the temps were still in the high 90's but there was a great breeze, so it fairly comfy. We got home around 11 and watched a little bit of tv and then we crashed. LOL

Saturday I had to work due to the peach fest. I was shift leader and ended up working the window almost from the time I walked in at 9 till after 2. I was only scheduled to work 9 to 2 and had plans to go home take a short nap and relax before our night out that we had plan. However that was changed, at 2:15 I asked Mike if he needed anything else from me and that's when he asked me if I could stay for a while because Mike Taylor our DM was coming out to talk to me, him, Sam(a girl) and Mani about something that happened on Thursday night. I said sure. I was confused. Mike had asked me on Friday and then again Saturday "How was Thursday"? Hearing that question I assumed that he wanted to know about the business, sales, etc. but I guess that wasn't what he was looking for. When I asked him what happened between Sam & Mani, what was it that he was talking about, he said that Sam had called home office because Mani had thrown a dish at her, that I told her to call home office, that I had said nothing would be done about it if it was left up to the manager, that Mani & Mike Taylor are like best friends. I was shocked, I immediately told him that I NEVER said any of that. I knew what he was talking about, that on Thursday I was so busy in the window and focused on the two jerks working as grill cooks and their smart ass attitudes that I only heard the dish break and heard Sam say "You could've put my eye out", I took a quick look and saw Mani standing at the drink line, there was a couple of other servers standing down there as well and Sam was inside the vestibule, after a minute or so she came over to the window to get a liner and I asked her what happened and she said Mani threw a dish at her, I advised her to put it in writing and to give it to Mike the next day, to talk to Mike. That was that, I didn't think anything more about it. So Mike Taylor was coming in to talk to us, I knew he'd be pissed and I knew he would be pissed at me because last fall he and I had gotten into it over employees and myself calling Employee Relations when we had had so many problems with Wayne or previous GM. He climbed all over me back then and ever since then I have not once nor have I once advised or told anyone to call home office, I tell them over and over and over again to put their problem in writing and to tell or give it to Mike. Sometimes I feel like a broken record I've said it so much since Mani came into our building. Mike(DM) came in like a minute till 3 and immediately asked to talk to me. We walked out to the 3rd dinning room and before we even sat down I told him that he'd been misinformed, that I have not in over 9 months told one employee to call home office after the discussion he and I had had in the fall. He barely let me finish before he jumped into the middle of me and about that time was when Mike(GM) joined us. He was angry and I knew it and he was accusatory toward me. He said you've told Mike twice now that nothing happened on Thursday and now your changing your story. I tried to explain that I wasn't changing my story that he'd asked how the day was not if anything had happened. You didn't think it was important enough or serious enough you shouldn't have told Mike. You couldn't have called your GM to tell him what happened. I literally sat there in a shocked daze, said I don't have his number, then he really got mad, you what? you mean to tell me you couldn't get his number, you as an ETC can't find his number? I said I guess I could get it off the EMI. He just nodded. Then started in on me again, saying that I've been quick to jump the gun before, that I've had a history of calling home office and embellishing on past statements. I seriously was shocked. He'd accused me back in the fall of embellishing on a statement that I had made about Wayne, what statement I have not a clue, how he thinks I embellished, again NOT A CLUE. I tried back then to find out what he was talking about so that I could defend myself and maybe prove to him that I don't lie, since in my mind embellish is a polite way of calling someone a liar. It upset me 9 months ago and it still upsets me, even more now since apparently he didn't hear what I had to say 9 months ago. He pretty much implied that someone has to be lying. Asked if Sam was credible and I said that she is. I apologized numerous times that I had forgotten the incident that I had put it out of my mind due to the fact that I was busy trying to get the food out of the window and had advised Sam to write a statement figuring that was that. I told him that I have way to much respect and a good repoire with Mike that I have and would never have an employee call home office especially after our thing 9 months ago. I said I learned my lesson and that wont ever happen again, then he changed his tune a bit and said we've never said employee's cant call home office. I said I understand that but I'm not telling them to call. He finally said they needed me to write a statement on what happened and I said ok. Got up from the table and headed to the office to write down what I heard and did on Thursday. While I was in the office Fred was in there and said I didn't know Mike was gonna be here today, why's he here, did you know he was coming? I told him I didn't know until about an hour ago when Mike asked me to stay because he wanted to talk to me, Sam & Mani. I started telling him what it was about and started crying. I was so upset. After I wrote my statement I took it out to the dinning room and handed it to Mike(GM) and asked if there was anything else they needed, the answer was no so I said bye, I walked toward the kitchen with Mike(GM) and told him I'd see him on Wednesday. I left just after 4, cried most the way home and spent my first hour at home crying. I was so very upset. I felt attacked on something that I really had no control over, especially when he kept pushing why hadn't I called Mike, like I could stop working in the window with it full of food and go in the office at 7 PM at night to call Mike at home who live an hour away. What was he gonna do??? Seriously.

We had plans to go out Saturday night and I seriously considered just curling up in a ball on my bed and cry all night but then decided it would be better for me to just go out and take my mind off the whole thing. We had a nice time hanging out with friends and just chillin. I was back home by 12:30. Thank heaven's I had the next day off.

Sunday - We did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. LOL Robert & I slept in, more me than him, lol. We hung out in the living room all day, just vegging, watched tv. Robert watched his morning news shows and I played on FB for awhile, chatted with Kelley B for about 30 mins, talked to Cindy W for a good hour - relating to her my horrible end of day at work on Saturday and crying all over again, then spent another 45 min or an hour on the phone with Thersia Evone talking about our diet that we're on and some of the things I've done with the recipes and food we can eat. Robert & I later watched Radio, great movie and then we watched a movie that I think was probably a Hallmark movie called the Reading Room with James Earl Jones, it was soooooo good. We'd been invited by Glen & La Rue to come over for dinner earlier in the day, so around 5:30 we figured we'd better get dressed, I was still in my jammies. At Glen & La Rue's we had a great visit and awesome food. La Rue has been wonderful in making sure that there is food that I can eat. She's awesome. We left around 9:45 to come home and do some laundry.

Monday - Got to work at 8:30 and asked Fred if I still had a job, sorta jokingly & sorta not, he just looked at me and said "yeah". I asked if anything else happened after I left Saturday with Mani. He said after his talk with Mike & Mike he was pretty quite the rest of the day. Had 2 servers get into it in the vestibule loud enough that all the guests in the dinning room could hear. So they got into trouble and one of them was a no call/no show Sunday so she pretty much doesn't have a job any more. Apparently they started just after Mike(DM) left. Not really sure what if anything did happen with Mani since he was the closing manager for Monday and Tuesday. We'll see. He probably got a write up in his file. I worked in my office all day working on the employee files that I've needed to catch up on for like over 2 years since Wayne wouldn't ever let me do my office work. We knew that Evie the retail DM was going to be doing an audit Tuesday and she'd be looking through some of the files, especially the cashiers and for our minor files. So I spent the whole day working on organizing and giving PAR tests. I got the minor files, the cashiers files and A & B done.

Tuesday - same as Monday, continued working on the files, I'm up to the F's. I also did some cleaning in the managers office and in my office, then went back to the files. I gave 4 PAR tests today and I left a little after 1, just needed to get out. Went to Ross to see if I could find Stephanie a pair of silver shoes for the wedding in Cancun next weekend. Found her a pair, found me a pair of Joey's OMG, way sexy, black faux snake skin pumps with 5 1/2 inch stiletto's. Found a really cute sign that we can hang in the garage of the trailer that says "Lost Bikers Saloon" hands off the bar maid. Got home after 3, changed out of my work clothes and tried on my new shoes, went to the kitchen to figure out dinner and had on my new shoes when Robert got home, he liked them. LOL
He changed in to his work clothes and went out side to do more work on the pot holes in our drive way, he's been filling them in with concrete. I defrosted 4 chicken breasts, weighed them out to 100 grams giving me 5 and cooked each one differently, I marinated 2 of them, one in a soy and rice wine sauce and the other in apple cider vinegar and lime juice. The other two I cajun blackened one and then chili lime season on the other, the last I created my own version of a pizza with what I can eat, I took my melba toast, a teaspoon of tomato sauce on each with oregano, thyme and basil topped with chicken breast and I broiled it in my toaster, I topped the chicken with just a little more oregano half way through cooking and I have to say it was really good.

So an update on the diet, Thursday is my last day. It will be 42 days. As of this morning I need to loose 2 lbs and I'll have made my goal to loosing 25 lbs. I'll take 3 weeks off but still be careful of what I eat just not take the HCG drops, then I'm going to do another 21 days to see if I can drop another 15 lbs or so. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. This has been the best diet I've ever done that really really works.

Until tomorrow Ya'll have a blessed week and God Bless you and keep you safe. I hope to not ever go 4 days again with out posting.

God Bless

No comments: