Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, 30th of January 2011

Well, shame on me, I haven't posted since Wednesday. It was a very busy week for me and I just collapsed once Friday night got here. LOL

Let's see, Thursday we finished up our class room training with the servers. Believe it or not at the last meeting Mike, my GM, presented me with Employee of the Month for December. Yeah me. Been there 5 1/2 years and never been choosen. Reason - they all consider me a manager, they forget I'm still an hourly also. It was nice to get the plaque. Not alot else went on for the rest of the day, Robert was still gone.

Friday, got up late, did some FBing, then did some house work, got ready for work and headed to the store for a couple of hours to do my end of the month report. I call it my tattle tell report. It's a report that I have to send to our DM the end of every month letting him know how many employee's we have, how many have PAR tested, gotten evals but the tattle tell part is I have to tell him which managers have over due evals and how many. LOVE IT. lol

Got that done and headed home to see my hubby cause while I was at the store he'd gotten home from his trip. Walked in the door to the very strong scent of GARLIC, ugh, lol. Robert was making Penne Rustica - which is ohhh sooo good, I'm just very sensitive to the smell of garlic and it could have knocked me over it was so strong. Of course it's not that strong once he mixes everything together and cooks it but until then, ugh. lol

Was going to try to go and check out our friends new business, but by the time he finished cooking she was beat and had decided to head home. We chilled out for the night here at the house.

Saturday, got up around 9 to do a couple of things around the house, then FB'ed for a bit, got a call from my friend La Rue, the one with the new business. She took over a floral shop in Azle called Sandy's Cozy Corner. She wanted me to go with her to show her where the Flower Market is in Fort Worth. Rue and her daughter Sarah came and picked me up and we headed to Fort Worth. So anyone who needs any kind of floral arrangement and if you live in or around Azle go see La Rue, she's awesome, she did all the arrangements for our daughters wedding back in April. She's awesome.

We got some great flowers and plants at the market, got her a good little start for the next few days, surprisingly the shop has been closed for a month and the phone was still on but with a message saying closed for inventory. Friday and Saturday she started getting orders. While I was at the shop with her an elderly couple came in to order an arrangement to be sent to someone in Austin. We did what we could to help out, took the order and called an ftd florist in Austin.

La Rue brought me home around 4:30 and I started finishing the house work I'd started earlier in the day. Around 6ish we get a call from Rue to see if we wanted to meet her and her hubby Glen for dinner down the road at one of our favorite restaurants, little hole in the wall type place but some of the best mexican food, called La Choza's. Robert had to get a shower first, he was a grease monkey after working on Steph's car. Got him cleaned up and we headed on out and had a nice time and good food. Robert once again was able to give La Rue and Glen some info on what they can do to get this business started when it comes to the $$$ end, kind of loans, cards, etc.

So today, Sunday, got up, got a shower and dressed and headed to Fort Worth, to the TCU campus to meet my sister and her family. Family picture time. Took over 500 pics, got some really good ones in there. A little challenging when 2 of the kids are 2 and 4 year old boys, full of energy and minds of their own. LOL but I think I did a good job and got some good pics. I think I even got their next Christmas Card. LOL. Let me tell you it couldn't have been a better day for outdoor pictures. Friday was 75 degrees, Sat around the same and then today high 60's low 70's, not to windy, great sunshiny day. Got home a little after 1:30 and downloaded the pics, gotta weed out the blurry ones and not so good ones so I can burn them to a disc and mail out. Also, speaking of pics, La Rue's gonna put up some of my landscaping and floral photo's in her shop.

Robert had a turkey breast smoking in the cooker when I got home, yum, good dinner tonight. We spent the rest of the day watching Pawn Stars and Auction Kings. Now I'm sitting here updating my blog and watching Extreme Makeover home edition, one of our favs.

Getting cold again, bye bye warm weather for a few days, calling for icy weather on Tuesday.
Till tomorrow, God Bless and keep you all safe.

No comments: