Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 25th to the 28th of August 2011

My oh my, I have been remiss in posting. Thursday was my long day at work as usual. Finishing up with some of the new hires and all around busy at work. When I finally left work I had to get things packed up for our weekend away. I needed to have everything ready since I still had to work half day on Friday and Robert wanted to have the trailer loaded and ready to go. So Thursday was a busy day and after getting my things together and packed, I played a couple of games on FB and headed to bed.

Friday got up and headed to work, got there about 8:30 and spent pretty much the whole time in my office. I was helping Jose with his courses on the computer while getting all my info together to do my end of the month DM report. Got everything I needed to get done and was out of the building by 10 after 1. I headed home, changed clothes and I jumped into the truck and we headed down the road to Hill Billy Haven. We got to the camp grounds between 2:30 & 3. We got the trailer parked and started setting everything up. Got the AC on and started cooling things down. Cindy came out and joined us for hamburgers. Then Cindy & I played a couple of games for a while. We had a really nice time.

Saturday morning, was so nice. Robert woke up before me and started cooking breakfast outside. Nothing like breakfast cooked outside and eaten in the fresh air. mmm mmm good. He came in to the trailer and say's "you have about 5 minutes before I have you an omelet ready". It didn't take me long to get up. lol. Breakfast of bacon, an onion, cheese & mushroom omelet with green chili powder, and bacon toast(for those of you who are wondering - toast grilled in the bacon grease - great flavor) We sat out at a picnic table under the trees and not far from the banks of the river. It was so very nice, not to hot yet and just very peaceful. We cleaned up our breakfast mess and I got Robert to sit down, get his leg up and iced down his ankle. He hurt it pretty bad stepping out of the trailer on Friday when we were still setting it up. So he settled in with his book and I got ice on his ankle. Robert brought his lap top so while he read I played on FB just hanging out in the trailer with no worries. Around 2:30 I got my suit on and we went down to the water where I tied up a rope to my inner tube and a cinder block and floated around in the nice warm water. It was so nice. Robert sat up on the bank and eventually he went back to the trailer, I hung out on the bank for a little while longer and then it started getting crowded so around 4:30 I headed back up to the trailer. As soon as I got back I tried out the shower. I was had a good bit of sand in places that shouldn't have sand. LOL - Like my hair and under my boobs among other places. After my shower and getting my hair brushed out and re-braided, I started getting things ready for dinner. Robert was on the couch reading his book and had ice on his ankle again. Glen & La Rue were coming out for dinner. I cut up mango & papaya, got the charcoal lit and heated up, cooked the smoked sausages and hot links, made rotel and got the ranch style beans on the stove. When Glen & Rue got there around 6 they brought pork tenderloins that we threw onto the grill and ended up having a great dinner. After dinner we played Hearts for a few hands but Robert is so cute throat we only played 5 or 6 hands. Around 9:30 we decided to watch one of the movies Glen brought. We watched Priest. Not a bad movie, could have been better maybe if they'd had a bigger budget. I don't know, sorta reminded me of the John Wayne movie of The Searchers but of course a major twist instead of Indians we had Vampires. It was left open for a sequel so who knows they may decide to make another and maybe they'll have a better budget. LOL

After the movie Glen & Rue headed home around midnight. It wasn't to much longer after that we hit the sack and crashed. Didn't take long to go to sleep.

Sunday morning, I woke up at 7, this time I was up before Robert. So I was going to start breakfast. Was having trouble starting the oven so I had to wake Robert up around 7:30, we got the oven lit and I got the biscuits cooking and the sausage cooked. We had sausage, egg & cheese biscuits for breakfast. While it was cooking we started putting things away, packing, getting things ready for the trip home. I had plans to meet Cindy for brunch at Blue Mesa. We both belong to their mailing list and each year we get birthday Brunch coupons from them for a free brunch.

Robert and I got the grey water & sewer drained and flushed, loaded up the motorcycle(which we didn't get to use since Robert hurt his ankle unable to get his boot on). We got everything loaded & hooked up and started for home around 9. We made it just pass the main street bridge and under the new bridge and there was a loud pop. We had a blow out, could it have been the one in the middle of the 3(trailer has 6 wheels) No the one in the very back and on the left hand side had to blow. So on the shoulder of the new road(right where the old exit used to be for Santa Fe) Robert unloaded the jack and up it went, got the tire off it and it was like some one sliced it straight from one side to the other and of course with a flap of tire it tore up the sheet metal and wheel well. Trying to get the new tire on it wouldn't jake up high enough and it slipped, scaring me half to death, Thank heavens for the 5 other tires. Robert was right under it. I had called Stephanie just as Robert started working on getting it changed. Asked her to drive up with my truck, not thinking to much ahead that she could pick me up. After thought, oh yeah come and we'll switch places since I was supposed to be at Cindy's at 10 and it was now 9:30. Surprisingly it didn't take us as long as we thought to change the tire and Robert didn't want to sit there for 1 more minute even though Steph was literally on the Texas turn around as we were getting into the truck. So I had to call her to tell her to go ahead and follow us down to the Lake Shore Drive exit. She caught up with us. Robert was checking everything. Steph went with Robert and I left in my truck for Fort Worth, it was 10 to 10. Got to Cindy's at 10:20 and we headed to the restaurant. They were already getting busy when we got there, we had a 15 or 20 min wait, not to bad. We got sat close to the front door in the front dinning room and after I got my plate of food Cindy headed to get hers and this cute little elderly lady came over and asks if her friend could sit down in one of our chairs while they wait for their table. I said sure so when Cindy got back to the table with her food we had to little ladies sitting with us. We chatted with them for a bit and then I said to Cindy that they should just stay since they were already sitting. So we invited them to share the table with us. The were so cute and we had a really nice visit make two new friends for the day. After brunch Cindy & I walked through some of the stores there in University Village. I used my $10 gift card at Origins and my $10 gift card at Victoria's Secret. We looked around at Francesca's and then loaded up in her car and headed back to her apartment. I got in my truck and headed home it was around 1. Once I got home Robert hadn't gone to the hospital yet about his ankle. He'd unloaded just about everything from the trailer though. I got my stuff out of the trailer and changed clothes. Robert headed to the hospital just before 2 so I had the house to myself for a while. I watched Haven & Torchwood. Robert came home with a stabilizer on his foot to keep the ankle from turning side to side. The x-rays showed a couple of small fractures but nothing they can do. He'll just have to be careful with it.

We've just chilled the rest of the evening, watched a GAC story on Sarah Evans then we watched Leverage, Against the Wall, the news and now Robert's headed to bed and I'm watching True Blood.

I gotta work nights this week so I hope to keep up daily posts. Ya'll have a great week.
God Bless

No comments: