Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Monday to Thursday, 15th to the 18th of August 2011

Oh my, really where has this week gone. It really has just flown by. I can't believe it.

Monday - work was just the same as always, I had orientation with a new server. Was supposed to have 2 but only one showed. Oh well. She's really nice, cute young lady. Got through day 1 and I left work around 3 or so and headed home to get ready from my date with Amanda. I left the house and headed to Lake Worth to meet her at the movie house there. We saw The Help. I have to say that was such a wonderful movie. Reminded me of when I was a little girl in some ways. I told Amanda when we were leaving that the little blonde baby in the movie was me. She said you looked like that, I said yes but that's not what I mean, it "was" me.
My grand parents had a wonderful woman named Ernestine who would come and take care of the house. My grand parents owned a business and my grandmother was the secretary & book keeper so she needed the help especially since my aunt has cerebral palsy. Luckily, neither of my grand parents were bigots or prejudice. I loved that lady. Got home around 11 and Robert was already in bed so I watched one of my recorded shows and was so beat that I didn't get to post my blog because I started to fall asleep and decided I'd better go to bed rather than my usual nodding on the couch. LOL

Tuesday - Got to work around 8:30, got a few things done that needed to catch up. Kayla came in at 10 and we did the menu's and plate presentation and I had her work on the micros. Gave her her schedule for the next week and forgot to have her come back on Wednesday to do her computer work. Bad me. We got busy and I jumped in like I always do and helped get us through lunch. Left work around 4 and headed home to load up the truck with table, chairs and food to go to La Rue's for Scrapkeno. Yes, it's the 3rd Tuesday of the month and it was Keno night. Stephanie, Niki and Kelley arrived and we headed up the road to Rue's. We all jumped in and helped her get set up for the party. Everyone pretty much showed at 7, we all visited, chatted and waited for the chicken to get done. It was really good. We really didn't get started playing until 8. I've had such bad luck the past 2 months not winning a thing I was so excited that I won 2. On the second round one of the got stolen. So I did come home with one. The one I really wanted, I still had to give the box to Niki though, brat. LOL So once again it was after 11 before I got home and Robert was in bed. I was so tired that I didn't stay up much longer and again didn't get my blog posted.

Wednesday - Wow, only 2 more days until my 4 day weekend. Got to work around 8:30 and we had a busy day. Set up a few interviews. Had Mike talk to a guy for a possible grill cook. He liked him, we needed to wait for the background check. As soon as it came I called the guy to come in Thursday morning to go over uniform policy and set up class time. Checked the aps we had and got them ready to call for interviews. Never had time to get to it we were that busy. I didn't get out of work till after 5. Once I got home we just chilled out, thought I'd spend the evening with my honey. He didn't feel to good so he went to bed early and I stayed up for a while. I ended up with an upset tummy so another reason I stayed up a while. But got side tracked and didn't get my blog posted.

So here it is Thursday - work at 8:30, once again we had a very busy day. I sat down with the new grill cook around 9:30. I think he'll be great, he works at Denny's also. Didn't have any time to do what I really needed to do, we had a busy lunch and as soon as that slowed I tried to eat my lunch taking almost 2 hours cause I had to get up and answer the phone, or run do something. Mike & Shawn were both on a conference call so I was running the shop. I had set up interviews for Shawn, he got to the first one before the call and had 4 waiting after the call. The first he passed on to Tina for a cashier and we hired her as well. I even forgot to clock out of ETC at 3 and over to Shift leader until 4. Mike left not long after 4 and then it was Shawn and I, he was finishing up his interviews and I ran the shop. After he finished he kept an eye on the kitchen in back and I watched the floor and then ended up in the window. We got slammed. I didn't get out of work until 8:30 and headed to Niki's to pick up the car adapter so I can use my lap top in the truck on the way to Tennessee tomorrow. Got home around 9 and changed then got all my stuff packed for our trip. We are leaving in the morning for Newberg, Tennessee for our nieces wedding on Saturday. Looking forward to it. We've never been to Eugene & Carrie's(Robert's brother & his wife). I've been to Nashville & Lebanon but they live over in the NW corner of the state. Gonna be a long drive but we'll have a good time.

Till I post again, ya'll have a fantastic weekend. God Bless and keep you

No comments: