Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Friday & Saturday, 5th & 6th of August 2011

Friday, what a long day! Got to work at 8 and didn't leave until 8. Busy. Had orientation with what was to be 4 people, found out one took another job and would be there. Started with 3 and the one we really needed to work for us, a grill cook, we had to have him leave. Poor guy, had a misdemeanor and thought that he wasn't on his record due to time served so he put no one the ap and when we did the back ground check it came back a no for hire due to falsification of application. The only recourse is he'll have to wait till January to re-apply and by then it should be off his record. I found out that he'd applied back at the end of May and I had already run a check on him around the 3rd of June. So the company we use if they've done a check with in a 6 month period they don't run it again. My thought was that we probably ran that check like one day before they were to remove it from his record. So I ended up with orientation with a server and a new dish guy. Got them through the video's and into the system. While they watched video's I got in the window and helped cause we had a great lunch rush. After the videos and they signed all their paperwork I got them out of the building and finished getting them into the system. Got to have some lunch around 2:30 or tried to anyway. Had to cook some of it myself and then the fish had to be redone cause the cook couldn't read the ticket and cooked me the catfish when I ordered the cod. God please send us a couple of great, seasoned, knows what they are doing Grill cooks, we are desperate. At 3 I clocked over to shift leader, why I had to SL last night I'll never understand. It was me, Shawn and Mani. Shawn had the back of the house, Mani was supposed to have the front of the house and I had the window. The 3 cooks I had last night are the worst, they have such cocky attitudes and irritate me to no end. Mouthy little punks for the most part, disrespectful. I really hate being there when they are because they get away with anything, managers do not hold them accountable for anything. I will be having a long conversation with Mike on Monday. We had a little bit of a slam and Mani got right in the middle of where I was working and totally screwed the window. Thank heavens he didn't stay long but he's really fairly useless. He's better at telling tall tales and shmoozing the guests. 8:00 couldn't come fast enough for me. Once I left work, I called Lynda to vent and got home around 8:20 or so.

We just hung out and again watched tv, when I got home Robert had smoked some BBQ ribs, which were yummy. Got to bed around 12:30 cause I had to get up early for work this morning.

Got up around 7:30, got a shower, took forever to get my hair fixed, major tangles after shampooing. Got ready and headed to the barrel. Another busy day, this time I ran the dinning room, Fred had the window and Shawn had the back of the house. I had two RS hostesses training with Maria and Amanda and myself. We had two very good hours, one almost 1000 the second just over 1100. Lots of large groups. Did fairly well today. Hopefully we can do the same thing tomorrow but busier.

So I left work at 2 and called Robert he said we didn't have any mushrooms wanted me to stop and get some since he'd smoked some hamburgers for dinner with the kids to celebrate the twins birthday belatedly. Ran to Albertson's bought some apples, mushrooms, limes(cause they were 8 for $1.00) and sliced cheese. Got home to wonderful aroma's emanating from the house. Smoked burgers and home made mac & cheese. All 3 of the girls were here and Randy and about 5 minutes after I got home Mary Lou showed up. We had a great dinner and then we did ice cream cake with the girls, funny because the candle kept blowing out and I tried to turn the ceiling fan off then Robert held up the lighter to re light and it kept going out and then he got it lit and then the girls blew the lighter out instead of the candle. It was funny.

After we ate us girls decided to play boggle, we haven't played boggle together in a couple of years so it was alot of fun. Niki & Randy left around 5 / 5:30 some where in there, Stephanie went to watch recorded tv and Amanda, Mary Lou and I played till about 6:15, Justin called and needed to talk to Robert so they chatted for a bit then I wanted to talk to him to wish him & Audrey happy anniversary, they were driving home so I chatted with him a bit and then with Audrey and when she found out that Mary Lou was here at the house they wanted to talk to her since they didn't talk to her on her birthday. They talked to her for a while and then when I got back on the phone with them they'd made it home and my card was there waiting on them. Yeah, since they had plans to go to dinner tonight. Got to talk to Kali for a little bit, she's so cute and funny. Mary Lou left while I was finishing my conversation with Justin. Amanda hung out a little longer then she left just before 7, Steph was still in the bedroom and she finally left around 8. We watched the family night movie on NBC it was pretty good. Killed time with the news and now we're watching How do you know. It's fairly funny.

So that's been my last two days. Ya'll have a great weekend. God Bless

No comments: