Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Monday to Saturday, 29th of August to 3nd of September 2011

Well it was a fairly busy week, of course you all know I had to work nights this week which is one of the reasons I didn't post.

Monday, I got up and hung around the house for a while catching up on somethings before I had to get ready for work. I went around 2 and got somethings done before my class arrived at 4. I have 2 new grill cooks, a server and a host. One of the new grill cooks is an 18 yr old kid who is still in high school which is why we had to have night orientation. He seems to be a good kid, he's only been in the US for just under 2 years, he's originally from Columbia. He's worked really hard to learn english and he does speak and understand it better than most. So Monday night we did the videos and paper work.

Tuesday, Got up, got dressed and went to La Rues for a while, needed to get a plant for my Aunt who lost her Mom this past Saturday. The visitation was set for Wednesday night and the funeral for Thursday. I knew I could change my schedule to let me work Wednesday day so that I could at least go to the visitation. So that's what I did when I got to work today. Reworked my schedule and worked it out that my rising stars could finish their training at different times the rest of the week. We did menu's and plate presentation with my two grill cooks because my new server called out had something come up. He told me he could work anytime on Wednesday so I had him come in Wednesday day to do his menu's class. I had the others come in to do their computer work. I also had last weeks new grill cook to come in Wednesday to do all his computer work so that he'd be ready to work with Lynda on Thursday & Friday.

Wednesday, I also went to work at 8:30 still working with all the new hires and fielding calls from all our newest applicants. I never really had a chance to call any of them this week like I thought, I was so busy with all the new hires and getting the schedule finished for everyone who needs to PAR as well as those who need to watch the new promo video. I left work close to 4 and headed home to change clothes and eat something before I drove to Colleyville for the visitation. Got over there close to 7. My Aunt Glenda looked well but tired which was understandable due to the kind of week she'd had. I got home a bit after 9 and just chilled before I crashed for the night.

Thursday, Got to work around 8 and worked till 9 PM. Got home and once again just chilled, watched my recorded shows, Burn Notice one of my favs.

Friday, got up early to head to town and run some errands, went to the dry cleaners then to the bank to cash in some of my rolls of coins. Then to Walmart to get a couple of things killing time till 10 when Belk opened. Went to Belk and got new pillows cause one we needed them and two I had great discount coupons. I got 3 pillows, Robert a shirt and pair of shorts, a great pair of sandels for me and a freezable cup with lid and straw and saved $195, I love coupons. LOL After Belk I ran over to Best Buy to check on the status of my camera, which I have been with out for almost 2 weeks and I'm not liking not having my camera with my all the time. They told me that as of the 31st it was being looked at by a tech. So lets hope that I get it back real soon. Then I left for Burleson for lunch with Kelley and to give her her Pampered Chef. After lunch I went out to her house for a bit to go over some things once we get to the Canyon for the day of the ceremony. Got home just after 2 and Robert fixed me a great dinner of teriyake chicken & rice. Later we went to a party over in Dallas. Had a nice time. Got home around 2:30 in the morning and we crashed.

Woke up around 8 this morning and decided I didn't want to get up, so I rolled over and went back to sleep, lol. Slept till about 10:30. After I woke up Robert came in and said he was going into town did I need him to do anything like get my dry cleaning. Yes, please. LOL. I got up, did a couple things around the house and then got on my laptop to start looking at the route for our trip. I watched Haven & Torchwood. My momma called to let me know she was gonna get to go to CKC in San Marcos after all and wanted to invite me. Told her I wished I could but we're saving the extra's for the trip.

Around 3:45 Robert and I decided to drive to Lake Worth to the Starplex to see Conan. I thought it was pretty good. For a blood & guts action movie I liked it. Robert said it was ok, he doesn't like it when the camera's move around alot. I guess it makes him dizzy. LOL

After the movie we went to Best Buy and looked around a bit. Then we headed home and now we're sitting here each on our laptops and watching a movie called Get Low on Starz. Robert Duvall & Sissy Spacek, good movie so far. Love Robert Duvall he does make good movies.

So there ya have it everyone, my past week in a nut shell. Not a lot to really tell. Or maybe I'm just not that good of a story teller or I just have one down right boring life - Sometimes. LOL

Night to all, God Bless and take care.


No comments: