Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Friday to Sunday, 9th to 11th of September 2011

Friday - the first day of my weekend off. Started cleaning out one of the bedrooms, then headed to Lake Worth with Robert to do some shopping at Home Depot/Lowes looking for paint colors to paint the rooms we are now cleaning out. After we left Lake Worth Robert took me La Rues shop in Azle so that I could help her out with all the homecoming mums. Getting it all organized. Just after 6 we closed the shop and Rue took me home. Robert's back, ankle and knee were all bothering him so we stayed home and chilled for the night.

Saturday - got up and figured I'd run up to Home Depot in Weatherford to get the colors I finally decided on, along with new light fixtures for the hallway, blinds and all the brushes and such to do the job. Once I got home I played with the paint a bit to get an idea, being that I bought samples and not the full size. Good thing, the darker color I wanted the guy convinced me to go even darker and when I got it on the wall it's a deep maroon almost a claret color. So it's not gonna work. Had Niki & Stephanie come load up the stuff of theirs that I was cleaning out on Friday. Lined up my hall way. Around 5 or so I started getting ready for out night out. We had plans to go to some friends house for the evening and just hang out. We left around 7:10 and headed into Fort Worth. Had a nice evening, enjoyed good company and good food. Didn't get home till after 2 in the morning but oh well. We had a nice time.

Sunday - Slept in a bit, but not much had plans to go to the movies with Cindy and then to Penney's so she could looks for some boots & jeans. Met her at the Starplex at 11:15 to see Contagion - ok movie, not great. Good story line but no real connection to any of the characters. You don't get invested really in any one person. Maybe a little in Matt Damon's character but he's not really a central character. After the movie we went to Ridgmar to Penney's. Found Cindy 2 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, a great dress and a pair of boots that she can wear to Kelley's ceremony in a couple of weeks. I still don't have a clue of what I'm gonna wear. LOL. Got back to Cindy's and into my truck to head home. We'd invited Glen & La Rue over for dinner, found out we would have 2 more for dinner so I stopped in at Kroger and picked up two more bakers and some veggie skewers to add to everything. When I got home I made Robert sit down and soak his foot again(had him do it Saturday also, bought epsom salt) and I cleaned the kitchen. He already had the ribs on the smoker. I put the potatoes in the oven just after 5 and while they cooked finished cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming the living room. Robert had painted the entry hall with the kilz's and patched holes in the walls in the first bedroom. Had everything ready by 6 when company was coming over. They didn't get here until 6:40ish. We had a really nice visit and great dinner. Smoked ribs & brats, baked potatoes, ranch beans, a mixed salad and I smoked the fresh veggie skewers(onion, red & green bell peppers, zuc's & yellow squash and mushrooms) they were good. Company hung out till about 9:30. We had a nice time. After company left, Robert got his laundry done, so he could pack because he is in Dallas Monday to Thursday for work. We watched some of the recorded tv and headed off to bed.

That was my big weekend, I didn't watch any of the 911 specials because I knew I'd do nothing but cry and get really down. I did have the families and the country in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll post another posting with my week at work and home alone.

Till next time, God Bless and take care.

No comments: