Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Monday to Thursday, 12th - 15th of September 2011

What a week I've had this week. Monday I didn't have orientation this week due to the fact I scheduled two hour classes with all the servers/grill cooks & hosts for the entire week. Monday I was to have two classes but some of those scheduled didn't bother to show up. We were very busy between 12 & 1 which was very unusual for a Monday. So I helped out then had my class in the afternoon.

Tuesday again a morning, an afternoon and late afternoon class, busy busy. These classes were all about focusing on the guest experience and changes to the some of our procedures to help employees. I believe those who did read their schedules and came got a lot out of it. Again when I wasn't in my class I was helping out in the window and Nick one of our grill cooks cooked a burger and the guest wanted it on grilled bread instead of a bun. He had the plate with the sandwich on it in his hand and turned to put fries on the plate and as he turned the sandwich literally kept going and ended up in the floor, the look on his face it was so funny, I looked at him and said "you didn't just throw that on the floor did you?" LOL he just looked so crestfallen, we all got a laugh out of it, even Nick however he had to cook another burger. I went to the dinning room to the guest and explain what had happened, it was so hard not to laugh, although the man did laugh with me and said "that was fine, he wasn't in a hurry."

Wednesday again with my classes, finished up my day around 6:30 and headed home to paint, Niki came home with me to help and Randy came over to pick her up around 10. Got the front bedroom started with the primer and spackled up some of the holes in the walls.

Thursday my long day, still classes one this morning and another at 2, switched to shift leader at 3, finished the class at 4 and had about an 1 1/2 break to finish up the schedule for next week before we got hit around 5:30 and it was hard, new grill cook and he was doing the cooking, Jennifer not the new one what doing the salads and dipping and frying and trying to keep up, we ended up with 25 minute tickets, not good. Shawn finally got on the line to help move the food. We stayed busy till 7 when it slowed just a bit but never really stopped until close to 8, thank Heavens, I really didn't want to stay past 8. I was beat.

Robert has been in Dallas since Monday and got home tonight about 2 hours before me. He had to be over there for work. So I had the house to myself the past 3 nights. Quite most the time. Steph & Niki came over for a bit Monday night. Monday was an off day for me though, I woke up feeling off, if ya'll know what I mean. The whole day I felt that way and even into the night. I crashed fairly early Monday night and for those of you who know me I'm a night owl and up till 1 or 2 in the morning. But Monday night I was in be by 11:30. Got some good sleep and Tuesday was much better. Had Tuesday night to myself and watched the second & third Twilight movies on sat tv. Wednesday like I said earlier Niki came over for a while after I got home from work and helped me do some of the painting. After her and Randy left I finished up some of the painting and washed out all the rollers and brushes and then washed the paint off of me. LOL

Robert did more in the front room before I got home with more of the primer. We've just hung out watched the new Christina Applegate show and Free Agents which I had recorded this evening and last night. Pretty funny.

I'm off work tomorrow and Saturday and I'll be working in the front bedroom to get it finished up.

Tuesday began our count down to vacation. Now we're down to ONE week. Wooo whoo. We are getting excited, at least Cindy and I are as is our friend Kelley. Robert I think is also since he told me we need to start preparing and packing the trailer this week getting ready so we can pull out next Friday.

Soooooo excited. Get to see my grandbaby girl, Kali next weekend and then on to the Grand Canyon.

Ya'll have a great weekend and an even better week, God Bless

No comments: