Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

Sunday to Thursday, 4th to the 8th of September 2011

Sunday was a lazy day for us, we did go to Grapevine in the late afternoon. We were supposed to meet friends for dinner at the El Fenix over there and they were gonna be late so for the first time ever in my life Robert took me to the Bass Pro Shop. That's one big place with alot of out door sports stuff. We tootled around for about an hour and a half then headed back over to the restaurant. We had a nice visit and dinner. Leaving for home around 9. Just chilled the rest of the evening. Not a very busy day for us. LOL

Monday - Labor day - I had to work of course since it was a holiday. Woke up with a headache. Got to work a little after 8:30. Got a couple of things done and then at 9 it was really getting busy. Ended up in the window setting trays to be run. Long ticket times due to incompetence on the grill line. Seriously you have 2 grills and the managers put the two slowest and worst on one side and the better two on the other. Let's just say the side with the best were putting across 2 to 3 orders to every one of the not so good side. Unreal. Finally I'd had enough around 1 and stepped out leaving the window to Fred. I went out to the dinning room and made sure that servers were bringing in dishes since quite a few of them were not cleaning tables and the dinning room wasn't getting cleaned. We finally slowed down a good bit after 2 and I left about 10 to 3. My earlier headache had left me feeling ugh all day and my lower back was spasming so I left like 10 min early. Came home and chilled out the rest of the day. Robert of course had the day off and he was just a bum. LOL

Tuesday - I had orientation today with 3 new servers. Got everything done with them, had people lined up since Saturday to watch the promo video, those who didn't do it on Sat or Sun I did write up's on them and gave them to Mike on Monday. Mani told me he had brought his portable in on Saturday and put it on the alley line and played the video all day. Others told me that they didn't pay any attention to it because they were to busy. Well of course and they would have had to stop to start each section of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Dessert. Mike told me on Thursday that Mani reminded him of that to which I told Mike they still need the write ups because they were scheduled, it was only an hour after their shifts and those who worked Saturday that I had seen Mon - Weds had told me that they had not paid any attention to it at all. We'll see what he does. He probably wont give them the write ups.

Wednesday - day two of orientation - menu's and plate presentation with the 3 new servers plus Jaron - one of my cashiers who wants to cross train into serving. Got through that and put the 4 of them on micros ringing in practice orders. Had people lined up in the afternoon to watch the video, some PAR courses and tests. I finally got into the office to call about half of the applications to line them up for interviews for Thursday and Friday. Had about 13 people in the rising star meeting. I left work around 5:30 and headed home.

Thursday - Had people lined up all day to watch the video and/or do courses or test. Stayed busy all day. Of course it was my 12 hour day. Luckily the evening wasn't as busy as it has been in the past so I was able to stay in the office and get my part of the schedule done for next week. I wont have any orientation but I have 2 hour meetings lined up for everyday at least 3 a day to go over the newest info that home office wants us to deliver to the host/server/grill. We did the trainers 2 weeks ago(a week late cause they didn't show up) so we are behind by a week or two getting this done. Oh well, no orientation. We'll see who pays attention to their schedules and actually shows for the training. May have some more write ups to do. Left work at 8 and headed home. We watched Burn Notice and Mega Mind(I watched Mega Mind - about half way through Robert went to bed) LOL.

So there it is my week. LOL not a whole lot to tell. Just getting excited about our trip. TWO WEEKS and I'm off for 10 days. OH YEAH. I really need it. I'm so very tired of work, tired of the crap and the some of the losers we have working for us. The attitudes and the lying. The theft that no one will do anything about. I really should call LP and report it.

Ya'll have a great weekend, God bless.

No comments: